THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

MY MONEY is on MONSON

Years ago, in 1986 when I was still in high school, but thinking about my future with the Cold War still raging and a lot going on in life, I would ponder quite a bit about when Christ would come.  I did not know the ages of everyone who were in positions of leadership, etc at the time, but I did get a distinct impression that either President Monson or President Packer would be alive (the Prophet) when Christ came again.  Remarkable that it has been 27 years since that time and they are both still here - although frail in health to one degree or another.

Of those who were in the 12 back then, Elder Perry and I think Elder Nelson are the only other ones of that original group.

Remembering, I do not think that this is the big shebang second coming, just the portion where Christ comes to rescue those in Utah and Jerusalem as we get into some bad juju and jew jew, respectively.....  There is still the Adam Ondi Ahman coming to receive the keys that most likely will happen first and then the last big shebang where all things get toasted.  A lot of comings and so many wicked to kick butt on!!

Of course, I believe much of this will happen in the next 3 years, or so......  That is a lot of doo-doo to hit the fan in such a short amount of time.  It will be quite the ride if I am right.

Here is the current list of succession:

Thomas S. Monson

President Packer
Elder Perry
Elder Nelson
Elder Oaks
Elder Ballard
Elder Scott
Elder Hales
Elder Holland
President Eyring
President Uchtdorf
Elder Bednar
Elder Cook
Elder Christofferson
Elder Andersen

As a footnote, I feel that Elder Bednar and Elder Christofferson will play some kind of significant role in the "winding up scene", as well.


6 comments:

  1. Here is a clip that I came across on Friday, right before Conference. It is from a talk given by Ezra Taft Benson given at BYU in 1981. He was then the most senior apostle in line to become the next prophet on earth. I knew all of this aready, but to hear it coming from the mouth of a living prophet of God cemented what I have already been feeling. Listen, really listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlNxBHOqeIc&feature=youtu.be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the feeling that Elder Holland will be of significance too. How, I am not sure...but, I have seen a change in him over the last few years. Stronger, deeper, more powerful words, fearless and such. It is an incredible time to be alive for sure. Sometimes I think to myself of all of the things going on around us and I have to say...."Can you believe it? You have heard the preaching of The Second Coming for so long....and you are actually living in the winding up scene of these last days, and as long as nothing horrible happens to you could even possibly be there when He comes!!!" Now, how truly amazing is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same feeling while in high school (early 80s), that Monson would be the prophet when it hits the fan. Not necessarily when Christ comes, but when it falls apart, so to speak. Calamity, war, tribulation. I also had the same impression about Putin, that he'd be the guy who pushes the button. This was decades ago! We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like it will be DAVID A. Bednar as president of the Church when Christ returns in his glory. However when Christ comes back before that time Monson could very easily still be alive...In the next few years, I see Oaks, then Holland, then Bednar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Elder Bednar came to a Stake Conference here in Oklahoma, I listened to him live and got the impression this man had done or could do battle with the adversary himself, a la Moses in the PoGP. Bednar knows his doctrine and calls out the secret combinations for what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In 2003, I and my brother were talking about the United States loosing its heavenly protection due to the attach on New York in 2001. At the next conference we were looking for some indication in the talks of conference from the 12.

    As I walked into Priesthood meeting I got the distinct feeling that President Hinkley would NOT be the person to user in the Second Coming... but that the individual would be Thomas S. Monson, then the next prophet (I line). "Usher in" here means the prophet at the time of Adam-Omni-Ahman. I had the feeling that Monson would be younger than but ABOUT 90 when this occurs.

    At that same time, I was also impressed that the prophet would live only another 5 years and then the new prophet would be Monson.

    I called my brother that Sunday night of January 27, 2008 and asked him how the Prophet's health was as I felt he had little time left... it being the spring of the 5th year. While we were talking, we were informed of the President Hinkley's passing.

    I had to wait over 5 years for confirmation of that second impression of President Hinkley.

    Now, I see President Monson nearing 90... and have such a feeling of urgency... like the rest of you.

    ReplyDelete