THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Saturday, October 19, 2013

DIVINE INTERVENTION?

How many times have we had a situation where we needed an intervention from beyond the veil?  When I was younger, I was VERY accident prone.  My mother called me a total airhead - saying I was like Woody Harrelson in his Cheers persona.  I ended up in the emergency room more times than I care to think......  I have shared a few times that I am positive I just about did myself in through my own stupidity or naivete.  I still have a few more stories to tell - but many of them have to do with an intervention of some sort.  I have not said it publicly before, but I think our family got tapped to "give one up" to Guardian Angel Inc. (previous blog post on losing Dallin) because of my near constant imploring for help in my life and for the many rescues I was in need of without asking for them.  My G-Grandpa Matheson was most likely exasperated with me and picked me out of a lineup of potential donor families......  Referring to the dream my father had when one of us three was picked for the mission on the other side.

My dad was the same way - always doing silly air-headed things, the top of which was blowing half his face off in 1942 in a blasting accident on the farm.  My G-Gpa as Patriarch of the Cedar City Stake back in the 1920's-1930's gave my dad his first (of two that he ended up receiving) PB's when he was just six months old, right before he died and promised my dad that he would live to raise a large family (8 kids) and be able to support us all.  My dad did on one eyeball (and only seeing fuzzy grey shadows until after his mission) and after a lens replacement 30 years ago and 4 corneal transplant attempts just a few years ago.  I have seen the divine intervention on my dad's behalf in hearing the comments of the surgeons that have worked on him witnessing that they felt divine help in accomplishing the near impossible on an eyeball that has had a tough life.  My dad is quite old - and I point-blanked him last time we were together in MT and asked him what he meant when he always used to say that he was not going to die; if he expected to be twinkled.  I told him that I did not expect that we would have that long before the "twinkling" or transition that Spencer spoke of in Visions of Glory.

The process of going to the rescue of one in need on earth is similar to what I think Spencer was describing.  This can be a physical rescue, or a spiritual one.  Sometimes, we just simply need to have the "luxury" of experiencing mortality in this terrestrial world in all its brutal cruelty.  Sometimes, the experience is too raw and we have to be shielded from the full effects of it in order to accomplish some yet unnamed future mission.  This is an aspect of agency I am still exploring and am much fascinated with; at what point along the precipice is agency turned off and the intervention allowed.  For Alma, it was powerful and timely and the results were significant.  Was it due to the undying faith of a father who had lived a good life and somehow merited some divine favor?  Or was it a promise made in the ante-mortal realms that triggered such a timely rescue?  One day, I am sure we will know.

What I do know, after reading so many NDE's, is that God truly has a plan for each of us and we will not go until our earthly mission has been completed every whit.

Here is what got me spun up and thinking on this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=515582371859217&set=vb.100002223777690&type=2&theater

3 comments:

  1. This video clip is a commercial that was made...it would be awesome if this had been legitimate, but sadly...fabricated

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Sometimes, we just simply need to have the "luxury" of experiencing mortality in this terrestrial world in all its brutal cruelty. "

    I didn't quite understand what you meant by that or what you meant by terrestrial world. I thought there wasn't brutal cruelty in the terrestrial world? I am a bit confused what you meant by this. Could you further clarify, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you mean to say in this "telestial" world?

      Delete