THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

PRESIDENT BENSON ON THE LAST DAYS

I really loved President Benson.  He did not mince words at all.  My mother did not like him much as she was raised a Canadian liberal and Benson was on the other side of the spectrum.

This talk brings back great memories.  No doubt this helped influence me to be such a great doomer/prepper:


3 comments:

  1. In my reading on the Book of Mormon, I have started to look at the first few chapters of 1 Nephi again.

    One thing I see among too many members in the Church is the fact that we are willing to follow the prophet, which is good, but many try to follow the prophet without looking for divine confirmation. This is what Sam did in the Book of Mormon. It doesn't say that he believed in God's words but in Nephi's words. We don't hear too much from Sam.

    Whereas Nephi not only believed Lehi's words, he wanted additional confirmation. He went to the Lord with humility in his heart. He received quite the answer and a blessing.

    In the Church there are too many Sams and not enough Nephis. Most of the Nephis right now are among the General Authorities of the Church. Most of the Sams could be people including your anonymous troll "friend" who are still asleep spiritually.

    Being a Sam was enough when there were two choices: Nephi or Laman. It won't be enough today as we will need to be all like Nephi and obtain our proper testimonies. This was a recurrent theme in General Conference, though I took it like the stories of Sam and Nephi.

    Sam was good. Nephi was better.

    We need more Nephis and fewer Sams in the Church. And no Lamans or Lemuels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone on Freedom Forum suggested that maybe Sam was deaf and dumb. Just an idea.

      Delete
  2. I am a Canadian Liberal and I love Ezra Taft Benson, and this talk was one of my favourite one of his. He worked for the government and he was aprophet of God how could he not know the corruption going on in the government, I do not understand how anyone could not love such a humble beloved man!

    ReplyDelete