THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A TEST, A TEST IS COMING

Folks, we have heard this over the pulpit many times.  Whether this refers to the whole "definition of marriage" lie that is being sold to the American people, or whether it applies to the destruction and damnation that awaits the wicked (us, the Gentiles), remains to be seen.  Maybe they are one in the same.  For once, I do not have an opinion on the matter.  I just know it is going to be a part of our future.

Here is something I posted a year or two ago that may shed some light on to what the nature of this test may well be:

     http://woodyoubelieveit.blogspot.com/2011/12/test-is-coming-another-witness.html

From this point forward, I am going to interject historical pieces from the blog that highlight much of what makes up the premises for what I believe to be coming.  A second witness, of sorts.  If any choose to condemn what I say, I put you under the added burden of also condemning what these others have said.  I am just echoing what I have heard - and that which the Spirit has borne witness of.   You also place the words of Isaiah under condemnation - for he truly saw our day, and thus the admonition to pay attention to his words by Nephi, Moroni and the Savior.  They were written for us - not some random person who has NEVER, nor will EVER read the Book of Mormon.  It is us as members of the Church who are under condemnation for not having heard what the Prophets before us have spoken.  For those who say that all is well in Zion, I am sorry for you.

My wife was room mates with one who is leading the march on the Priesthood session by the women, and I have actually hosted her in our home.  It was all I could do to keep my tongue in check during that visit.  I can honestly say, all is not well and the good ship is experiencing structural failure during re-entry.....

7 comments:

  1. I believe that this test will show the parable of the ten virgins in its application. Five will be wise and have everything prepared, the other five will not have anything prepared, and will fall by the wayside when things go wrong.

    For that reason, I try to post as often as I can to my own blog about what the prophets have said over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you referring to " leading the march on the Priesthood session". I must have missed something. Can you re post it. When, where? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting blog. My sister in law is one who is leading the women into the priesthood session. I wonder if we are talking about the same woman? Also I am suppose to take a trip with my mom to Laguna Beach, California October 11th for a week. I am sort of freaking out. My poor mom is a widow and is so looking forward to this trip. I am worried about going anywhere close to the west coast. Ahhhh, tell me what I should do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not at all on topic for this thread but thought you might find this interesting. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2441450/Er-Wang-Dong-cave-China-huge-weather-system.html Kinds of makes people surviving in caves in the north possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joseph Fielding Smith noted that it was inappropriate to either publicize or seek out such dreams and revelations from rank-and-file members of the Church:


    It seems that periodically it becomes necessary to call attention to the true order the Lord has given us in regard to revelation. During the past three or four months I have received a number of communications, coming from various parts of the Church, asking if certain purported revelations or dreams or purported visions are reliable and have the endorsement of the Authorities of the Church….

    Now, the Lord will give revelations to this Church, and he will give commandments to this Church from time to time…but always in accordance with his own law; and we do not have to run around and invite individuals who are without authority to relate to us purported visions, or revelations or commandments, for the guidance of this people….

    If a man comes among the Latter-day Saints, professing to have received a vision or a revelation or a remarkable dream, and the Lord has given him such, he should keep it to himself. It is all out of order, in this Church, for somebody to invite him into a sacrament service to relate that to the Church, because the Lord will give his revelations in the proper way, to the one who is appointed to receive and dispense the word of God to the members of the Church….

    Now, these stories of revelation, that are being circulated around, are of no consequence, except for rumor and silly talk by persons who have no authority….When you know God’s truth, when you enter into God’s rest, you will not be hunting after revelations from Tom, Dick and Harry all over the world. You will not be following the will-o’-the-wisp of the vagaries of men and women who advance nonsense and their own ideas.6

    Sadly, Visions of Glory does precisely what President Smith cautioned against.

    So many Latter-Day Saints are gullible and eat up Visions of Glory like it's fact! I don't put much stock in it....but then that's just me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not arguing for Visions of Glory, but wouldn't Joseph Fielding Smith's counsel go against the scriptures? Was Samuel the Lamanite a person of religious authority for the Nephites? Was Abinadi one of the high priests of king Noah? Was Jesus part of the leadership of the Jews?

    My point is that God will use whomever he will to warn his children.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When Queen Esther broke protocol it was to save her people, not to gratify her vain ambitions. There are reasons for everything, and all things will be made known in due time. Enjoyed Conference. Love being a woman. Love the leaders of our church!

    ReplyDelete