THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, September 26, 2013

THE FOCUS OF THE BLOG

Okay - there are many people who are not huge Spencer fans who cannot conceive of what is coming on the West Coast.  Here is a thoughtful (non-troll) comment:

I agree with the above comment. Far too much focus on America, Utah, and the west coast. The Church is BIG. I agree with being prepared, not a question for me. There must be 2-3 million LDS's on the west coast. I don't think the Lord is going to waste all those mostly good people. While this blog has a lot of good information, and much that is factually based, I find it disturbing that so much weight is placed on "Spencer", as if he is the Prophet. He is not. Much of the stuff "Spencer" says is wrong, but people continually defend what he says as the truth. These folks do not understand priesthood authority and how doctrine is established apparently. Over all, I find a rather unhealthy reliance on "Spencer" in this blog, rather than what the LIVING PROPHET's have to say on matters concerning the last days. Remember, the Living Prophet trumps ancient prophets. Yet, bad things will happen, I just think they will be much different than what "Spencer" says. I still say the best thing to do is to follow your local leaders direction (stake president) and the direction of the Brethren, and basically look at "Spencer" as a fictional character with an interesting story to tell. Keep things in proper perspective...The Living Prophets are First.

First of all, this blog is not a forum - a place of debate, although I do not mind some interesting comments.  If I would like to develop an opinion, I go to the scriptures or a forum and debate until a consensus of sorts is arrived at.  This blog is a repository of my personal thoughts and musings.  I am an open book and people who know me personally will agree.  I wear it all pretty much on my sleeve - and will say exactly what I do think, pulling very few punches.  The blog topics are my thoughts and mine alone.  I DO love hearing others' experiences that are affirming and echo my own.  As I say in the blog mission statement, I love wisdom and other points of view, I just do not like sitting around endlessly hashing stuff when I know what I know.  I get bored and dizzy with it all.  Some people really should have been born dogs so they could chase their own fuzzy tails.....  Endless, continuous looping.....

I disagree with what is said about modern Prophets trumping ancient ones.  If I can find a statement by a modern Prophet that contradicts anything that is said in scripture, I throw it out after careful consideration (and lack of confirmation).  The scrips always trump the word spoken over the pulpit, whether it be Conference or a fireside.  Now, let me be clear, a defining statement such as "cocaine or modern prescription pharmaceuticals should not be abused as part of the WoW" would never be thrown out because it further clarifies an earlier PUBLISHED statement in the D&C.  A contradictory statement of "hard liquor is perfectly fine to be used IN the belly" would get chucked in my mind - unless it came out before the body of the Church for a vote and became part of our Standard Works (never would, troll; don't go there).

So, what I am saying is, if you are a troll, I am not interesting wasting my time and others' time publishing your comments or endlessly debating you.  I wish you success on your anti-Spencer crusade.  I recommend LDSFF or another place where faithless trolls and anti's can often be found - and where the useless waste of hot air can go on for days, as Sols Cuardisto said, "spending time, effort and resources in useless pursuits".  As for me, I do not have the time for it - and was kind of relieved to not get sucked into the debates with the telestial ones on that forum.

I love the terrestrial Zion model that Spencer spoke of - which mimics what is on the outlying areas of heaven.  Instead of having to waste yourself trying to maintain some semblance of our former glory among spiritually dead people, instead, as Enoch did; he extracted himself and some other people of like mind, became one in purpose, heart and mind and then created a functional society, leaving the bickering, spiritually sickly people behind.  Of course, they were "sorely grieved" over that overt move and sought to come against him and those who chose the higher route.  They were some of the world's first trolls, so to speak.  When they attempted to come against Mount Zion, they could not be over taken because of the unity of Zion's people.  So the model is this.  Go thru a sifting event.  Create a Zion from those who make it.  Be a city on a hill - and INVITE those to move up the ladder (so to speak).  It is already occurring with home schooling with parent deciding not to abuse their children by sending them to the public screwels.  Soon, those in the lesser institutions will see the amazing home schooled kids or those from the academies and will first mock them and then eventually want to join them.  A natural evolution.

So, to end this rambling, the natural thing is to try and tear down something that is good when you are somewhat insecure of your own position.  Mostly, when I meet someone I disagree with, I tune them out.  Naturally, people will gravitate to the right thing and things will come into equilibrium.  Light attracted to light, darkness and darkness to darkness.

4 comments:

  1. You attract trolls because you are easy prey. It is so easy to press your buttons to get a reaction, does not take much, very entertaining for them. Trolls love messing with you because you have little man syndrome, you do a lot self-aggrandizement. It is funny to normal people. So like you said "Light attracted to light, darkness and darkness to darkness" , I would trolls attracted to trolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am no troll. I really enjoy this site and have learned a ton from you. I only share this becuase it may be helpful to you. THis is from a talk given at BYU then published in the liahona. I'm guessing you're probably already aware of it, but just in case. I know how much you respect the Propher Joseph. Check out Items # 2 & 3. http://www.lds.org/liahona/1981/06/fourteen-fundamentals-in-following-the-prophet?lang=eng

    ReplyDelete
  3. So am I understanding you right? If you do not believe in Spencer then you are a troll?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are dangerous and will be held accountable for all the innocent people you are selling Spencer and Sarah Menet to. We have been told there would be False Prophets and False Christs - and brother, you are border on that. You don't need to print this, it isn't for others, it's for you to wake up and realize you are not the spokesperson for the Church nor are you any kind of authority.

    ReplyDelete