THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, September 30, 2013

SEEKING AN AUDIENCE WITH THE LORD

I have shared how I have openly at a baptism service after bestowing the gift of the Holy Ghost (the First Comforter), have then given the admonition in the blessing to obtain it and then use it to find their way to the Second Comforter (which admittedly I can only give as a theoretical practice - as I have not gotten there).  If I were to get there, I would have a hard time not keeping it private as I am an open book.  Which fact, is not lost on my wife who says I should be more discreet more of the time with things of a spiritual nature.

I find that there is so little said about things of a spiritual nature, that I find myself on the opposite end of the spectrum - blathering day and night about them to offset the imbalance - similar to that blind date with that shy girl back in the day......  Not because I am trying to set myself up as some beacon, but precisely because I want others to know that we should EXPECT these kinds of things in our lives if we are "getting it right".  Not perfectly - otherwise, my life would be devoid of them, precisely because I am among the vilest of sinners (just ask my wife) - but because we can still fall short, repent, and look to God and live - all while enjoying some of these higher blessings. The more repentant our attitude is, the more broken we are, the more the Lord can use us.

So, this Second Comforter is a tricky thing.  The minute you put your hand to the plow, you will experience insane buffetings.  My wife and I did (expressed our interest to the Lord about this very gift) about one year ago and are still picking up the pieces from that life event.  God will not give anything easily - simply because He want you to want it to the point that you will (at least be willing to) give up all in order to obtain it (to give sell all that you have, so to speak, in order to obtain that pearl of great price).  He wants you to knock, seek, seek some more and strive until it is finally opened to you.  This is by design, in order that you will not seek and obtain that which you ought not have without having paid your due diligence.  A man that is given a gift without truly deserving it, will not treasure it.  I have seen it over and over in my journey as a parent - kids being ungrateful for what is merely handed to them without thought as to the sacrifice that was made to bring that about.  As parents, we now have our kids earn everything - including things like co-pays to the doctor for the "oops" when they were goofing around and needed physical therapy to counteract the effects of goofing around.  One hundred percent true accidents, not so much.  Theoretically, this makes them more responsible adults.

So, I once heard from a very wise person that I was right all along about seeking out this Second Comforter - that we should focus on seeking or attuning ourselves more closely with the First Comforter and the rest will take care of itself over time as we are led to a personal audience with the Savior.  I suppose it would be more of a natural thing - kind of like falling in love naturally over time with your best friend, as opposed to that relationship where you constantly are doing back-flips and conniving to make it work.

Here is more on the subject from the unBlog My Soul site.  There are many there who offer encouragement to keep pushing forward to the tree, so to speak:

http://unblogmysoul.wordpress.com/2013/05/26/seeking-your-audience-with-the-lord-part-2/

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post and for doing this blog. I check at least once a day to see if there's a new post. I love the unblogmysoul.I found it back in April after reading "Vision's of Glory" and have read all the post. Love the ones on Calling & Election. I came across your blog either through that site or LDSPerfectDay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you would blab seeing Christ to the whole world (cast your pearl before swine). Seeing Christ would be a very personal thing with which you would share only with those whom you think the Holy Ghost would confirm your testamony.

    Now, I'm sure you would testify of Him and say that you know He lives; meanwhile, knowing that the Holy Ghost would testify to those individuals that needed your testamony that you actually saw him... Something like the Prophet and apostles do at general conference.

    In actuality, you would only tell your wife, family and closest friends... and then maybe not. (The spirit may witness to you that you shouldn't,) You can see him and have interaction with him without your Calling & Election made sure. Such as Joseph Smith did before his Calling & Election was made sure.

    Yet, by the spirit witnessing truth, you can know that He lives, that He atoned for your sins and that you surely do not want to sin and disappoint your Savior because you love Him... A MORE SURE WITNESS... imperfect and weak as we might be.

    ReplyDelete