THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A LUNCH DATE WITH SPENCER........ BUT NOT ME!

Okay, so there is this guy who knows Spencer and has set up a lunch date with him........ LUCKEEEE...... as Napoleon Dynamite would say.......

I have a lot of questions I would like to ask Spencer.  I would also tell Spencer that I think we are just about one year (maybe two) out from the big one that he talks about.  My wife and I were both fine paying for a dorm room for my oldest daughter on the 7th floor.  We told her next year, we are not subsidizing her room or board at college unless she chooses an upper floor on a newer house.  Basically - I am going to personally pick the digs out for her.  She will get a fireman's axe and a stash of food to be kept under the bed in case she has to deal with a collapsed roof and has to dig herself out.....  Dead serious here.  My wife and I both prayed about this fall and felt she was okay in her current "death trap" dorm room, but felt that next year we have to do a "housing intervention" so she has a better chance of making it through a "big one" in Utah.  I do not believe in living in fear or putting life on hold just because of a very educated guess, but I do believe that when you get something, you had better act on it - or you have nothing and no one to blame but yourself.

Here is a copy of the letter from my "Spencer buddy":

          Good to hear from you once again!
I was reading the letter from what I had sent previously - no famine has occurred this year....  I only place a 70% confidence factor on what was recorded of (not said by)  Bishop Koyle.....  The jury is still out on what is going on there.  If the "dream mine" stuff is to be reconciled with my 2016-2017 Jubilee Year timeline, then there has to be some immediate action in this arena for it to pan out.  I also have to keep in mind that Koyle was talking from his "Spanish Fork" perspective and may not have necessarily been coming at things from a "national" or certainly, from a "global" perspective.  There may have indeed been famine conditions in that area this summer.  I know that my friends from SLC said they had some form of rain every day during the dead of the summer and family up in Logan seemed shocked by that statement.  They said they had one of the driest summers they could remember.....

Okay, ______.  Now you are really starting to freak me out!  You are tied into the director(s) of the dream mine and now you tell me you know Spencer??  Holy smokes!  How do you do it??  If I had not checked you out online and knew that you most likely had the capability to be linked in with these folks, I would say you were pulling my leg - even though I do love a good prank to keep me on my toes!  LOL  Glad you liked the fruit salad analogy - but it is true.  One little piece of (intentional) misinformation will spoil the whole message.  The Spirit is not necessarily be grieved over unintentional omissions or errors in information - but He will not witness strongly to those inadvertent goof-ups.
Anyway, I would love to have some time with either of those two folks!
First, I would like to say to Spencer that when I am "low in spirit" and cannot make it to the Temple for a "re-charge", I can listen to the conference and it is as good a spiritual boost as if I could make it to a session.  No "turds" in that fruit bowl - so to speak.  Tell him, I have been obsessing over this whole sequence of second coming events for the last 15 years - and have amassed "the blog vault" of data (and alot more I have not put down) and there was not a single thing that contradicted my understanding of things as they will be.  I even have some good EQ buddies who are calling Spencer out as some kind of fraud - but I have to say that they are doing it from a position of doctrinal naivete and not because they are bad people!   I think when you are trying to pull your head out of the sand and wake up to the awful situation you find yourself in - and find that doing so will put enormous strain on your current reality - it is easier to just plunk the head back in the hole and drive on with life in a simpler state.....
I was particularly fascinated with the statement about the tribes coming out of the north and a random statement about a Neal A Maxwell prophecy about them coming basically down the eastern slope of the Rockies until they hit Cardston and then down into Montana where they will follow the Missouri all the way into Jackson.  That kind of stuff gets me charged up just thinking about it!!  What a time that is going to be!  I want to be there.  If you know of a time when Spencer is going to Cardston, I would love to know.  I want to be part of that entourage and hear what he has to say.  We (my wife and I) have been directed to stay put where we are at just west and south of Cardston and keep a sort of way-station for people wandering to points east and trust that the Lord will keep us and maintain us outside the larger (safer) body of Saints as we seek to discover and then do His will for us.  A month ago, I had the opportunity to  bump into another couple in Northern Idaho who have been given similar means and a way to provide a fantastic way station there, as well.  He is a descendant of Joseph Smith and he and his wife became "preppers" and then joined the Church about 7 years ago.  I asked him what made him follow such a wild plan and sink so much into the spread he is making - and the response was that he saw the tent cities of the dislocated Saints in his southern fields.  Acres and acres of people in need of shelter.  The greenhouse they have put together is enormous and they have all of the skills in place to make a wonderful haven.  He and I talked about how to have the Lord remove the undesirables from the area - or soften their hearts - in preparation for this event.

I have some serious questions about what Spencer thinks about the 2016-2017 time frame as the 50th, 50th Jubilee and as the date of the coming of the Savior to "release the captives" and "forgive old debts".  Could all that he saw not occur starting in the middle of 2014 to early 2015 and roll right on into 2016 when the NJ begins to happen?  Not sure if you have been reading the blog back to April - but I think we started the final 42 months on 3/22/2013 when Obama went to Jerusalem and Obama is the anti-Christ; who - incidentally received the Nobel Peace prize EXACTLY 1260 days before his visit to Jerusalem on October 9th, 2009.  Nope - I am not making this up.  It floored me when I plugged the dates into a date calculator and put it all together.......
Also, I will most likely never have my wish, but I would love to hear all the other tapes that Pontius took of Spencer's accounts of the future.  I would be able to glean so much more out of it.  Last of all, I have co-workers and such that have had similar near-death experiences and all say the same stuff is coming.  The water coming off the Pacific will be substantial.  People must get off the coast immediately after they seen the cleansing quake in Utah occur.
Tell Spencer thanks for me.  Before his account - I sounded like a real freak!  I would tell people and they would just give me the blank stare sometimes.  Always polite - but a blank stare nonetheless......  Now I can hand them a book and tell them to go read it and tell me what they think.
Keep in touch - would love to hear more of how your visit went.
I will only publish what you say you are comfortable telling me if you decide to share.


7 comments:

  1. Spencer surely must know when the quake is coming, and he knows he cannot divulge it. I know he claims he tried to look for a date during his fly-over vision, but there's no possible way he had such a detailed vision after that (the journey) and did not least deduce, based on his own age and discussions with people, when it hits the fan. I bet he knows a whole lot he doesn't dare say. I'm estimating financial calamity and war to begin before Osama's term ends, and I'd put the quake closer to the end of the decade. I base my estimates Spencer's age, and on his description of the military truck. When we see carbon trucks with solar roofs and running on cooking oil, you'll know the quake is nigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, here's my take on "Spencer". The article below seems to correlate with Betty Edy's book, "Embraced By The Light". Deseret Book no longer carries, it as it was proven to be a fraud. Same with Elder Paul H. Dunn, a proven fraud. His stories were the "turd in the fruit salad" so to speak. You must ask why Deseret Book, the official book store of the LDS church, won't carry "Visions of Glory". Answer: It is too speculative, and full of flat our doctrinal errors. Read the Greg Smith review of it on FAIRLDS.com. Spencer's take on sons of perdition, and outer darkness and kingdoms of glory are FLAT OUT WRONG. If people believe these errors, then they just ate the "turd" in the fruit salad. Spencer fancies himself as Christ's right hand man, and seems to place himself in a deluded favored position above all other humans.

    See my comments to the FIVE QUESTIONS below:

    Five Ways to Detect and Avoid Doctrinal Deception


    1. Is the person claiming the revelation acting within the bounds of his or her respective stewardship? NO! Spencer has no stewardship over anybody that I can tell, much less authority to recieve revelation for the ENTIRE CHURCH.

    2. Is the person receiving the revelation worthy to receive such? Possibly. Spencer seems like a nice guy, putting aside the fact that he thinks pretty highly of himself and his role in the grand plan.

    3. Is the communication in harmony with the standard works and teachings of the prophets? NO! There are SO Many doctrinal falsehoods. Too many to list here. Greg Smith outlines them in his FAIRLDS review.

    4. Does the revelation edify or instruct? Some yes, and some no. The entire book is a mixture of "the philosopies of men, mingled with scripture."


    5. Does the communication build a person’s faith and strengthen commitment? Some yes, and some no. There are good parts, and some fear inducing parts. There is good doctrine mixed with flat out heresy on the plan of salvation and degrees of glory, and spriit world for example.

    Some closing statements about the 5 questions from Robert Millet:

    In closing, he suggested looking at the fruits produced by following a particular revelation. Does it make you feel closer to God? Does it uplift and encourage you to be a better person? Do you feel the Spirit? “That we may not be deceived, we seek after the gifts of the Spirit, particularly the gift of discernment,” he said.

    Joseph Smith gave a key indicator to help avoid deception, said Brother Millett. Joseph said, “That man who rises up to condemn others, finding fault with the Church, saying that they are out of the way, while he himself is righteous, then know assuredly, that that man is in the high road to apostasy; and if he does not repent, will apostatize, as God lives.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't find anything doctrinally wrong with Spencer's book and it opened my eyes up to so many glorious things and made me want to be a better person. Your last paragraph reminds me more of Denver Snuffer than Spencer.

      Delete
  3. I actually wish Obama is the Anti Christ because that would mean that Christ will be coming soon. Which to me is a huge relief even if we have some horrific times ahead. I cannot even contemplate what it will be like for my children to raise their children in such a world that it is today and will be in the future. Something though, just doesn't seem right with the timing. In Revelation it states that the Anti Christ will be a King and have high approval rating among the masses. I do not see that with Obama. I rather see Obama being the one who is paving the way for the actual Anti Christ to come on the scene. Who knows? So many conflicting timetables out there. I hope yours is correct.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, the take away from "Spencer", is that all the righteous saints will move to Montana to avoid "what's coming", and the other 14 million "regular" LDS will suffer the wrath of God, as they didn't heed "Spencer" and move to Montana? I'm not buying it. There are far too many problems with "Spencer" in that his story does not align with the "Five ways to detect and avoid doctrinal deception" that came out in the Deseret News last week. As Elder Neal A. Maxwell stated, "The saints can be so gulible." Many LDS's are doctrinally lazy, and never dig deep. I have dug deep over many years, and find many things "Spencer" says to be flat out contratictory to revealed truth. Read Greg Smith's review of "Visions" on FAIRLDS.com for the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - you have dug real deep? "Read Greg Smith's review of "Visions" on FAIRLDS.com for the details." That sounds "doctrinally lazy" to me.

      Delete
  5. I agree with the above comments regarding Spencer's so-called visions of glory. I am amazed when I see people putting more stock into what the Spencer's and other NDE types out there have to say rather than relying on the brethren and standard works. I realize these are trying times and it is tempting to obsess about timelines and try to "figure out" when certain events will unfold, but I believe it is important to remember to take no thought for the morrow, living in the present while at the same time ensuring that we are prepared spiritually and temporally for the future, as we have been counseled.

    ReplyDelete