THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, April 6, 2020

THE COMMEMORATION OF PASSOVER

On this historic year as we have enjoyed the plagues of grasshoppers, rivers turning red and now an overflowing scourge (that is only just a taste and not the real deal....), we get to celebrate in like manner, the original Passover Feast.

This is from an earlier post a week or two ago, but it now holds much more meaning:

My wife says she discovered this last fall and we discussed it.  Truly it is related to the Destroying Angel passing over with tones of Passover in ancient Egypt:

Isaiah 26:
20 ¶ Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

Folks, if you want an authentic Passover experience, one of my favorite people, Rabbi Jonathan Cahn, is putting on a live-stream of the event on Wednesday.  Combined with a world-wide fast a few days later on Friday, this will be an epic week.

Here is a link to the event announcement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYyYnZp6Yzo

Start preparing now for this special event.  Some stuff may be a little hard to find in the stores right now, but you can use just about anything including flour tortillas, etc.  Here is a sample of what my oldest daughter put together about 12 years ago when we did this for fun:

No photo description available.


When we prepared the sacrament in our home Sunday before last, we used large chunks of bread and grape juice, similar to what I observed my Jewish rabbi friend do in 2012 back in Everett at the Shabbat meal he invited me to.  I also read both accounts in D&C 20 and Moroni 7, so we knelt around the board as I held the chalice of "wine" and blessed it.

Folks, this time rocks!  Make it fun and interesting for your kids and family.  They will NEVER forget it.  I have told my kids to take notes and their grand kids will ask them about the time they went through.

In about a year, I expect we will be threading the needle for realz.  This is just a dress rehearsal.

Enjoy it, before the curtain falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment