THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, April 6, 2020

SILENCE IN THE HEAVENS FOR HALF AN HOUR - AND A PLUM CRAZY STORY

Well, here I go again to a place where I feel very comfortable; the end of the limb....

I have only broken two bones in life in a single event; when I was at the end of a limb.  I was around 11 years old and I was out in the plum thicket looking for my favorite treat.  The mother of all Santa Rosa plums - the big one.  I had climbed a tree to the very reaches and one was on the end of a branch at the very top of the tree where the sun could ripen it perfectly.  It was the size of an average apricot....  And I wanted it.  My sister was encouraging me to go for it, and I soon found myself on the end of a small branch that would not support my weight.  I learned how cruel gravity can be; and I never got my prize....

My radius and ulna were badly munched, but not compound fractured.

So, I feel just fine once again to be at the end of a limb and going for the prize.  Every time I have gone there, it has always been a fail in one way or another, but the hope of a prize drives me forward....  I may get the event right (in hindsight) or the timing, but rarely if ever, the two at the same time unless the Spirit has ratified the utterance. Honing the gift is next to impossible and requires dogged determination.  That is one thing I am good at in my imperfect and iterative walk.....

So, my wife, who is a great critical thinker (some people might call her a nag for always bringing up the holes in my thinking, but I quite enjoy her wise and usually gentle perspective), asked me yesterday what exactly constitutes a "silence in the heavens" when it comes to the half hour of silence.  Clearly, we have had Prophets speaking to us during this time - so what has constituted the silence, if my bookend Hosannah Shout theory is correct?

This is what I have come to:

The silence has been in regards to our Lord's coming.  The mouths of the anointed have mostly been shut in this regard during the last twenty years.  I can only think of one or two talks on the subject.  No one wildly announcing the coming of the Bridegroom.  There were two very cryptic talks given only in code about Aunt Ruth and chickens.  The key to getting it, was likely the molting chickens part.  That half hour of silence was not about a bunch of Saints running around in a panic, but more geared towards the final harvest before the sermons are preached in the heavens and under the earth as we have begun to experience (in Utah and Idaho and Yellowstone as of late....).

During this last Conference, the tap was wide open on the subject.  In fact, this is all that I seemed to hear about.

I have been near the point of apostasy (back-biting the Bretheren) over not enough being said on the subject.  Now, it is a full-on stream of the stuff - and much to my Millennialistic liking..... :)

All of the FB discussion boards are lit up and I have enough doom pron to satisfy both funny bones....  Seriously - I am as happy as a pig in poop!

We still have a long way to go.  I do not think that Christ comes with fire and glory (world wide event) until at least 2033.  That is a long way off.  But we have several key events between now and then such as AoA (possibly), SLC advent, Mount of Olives saving move and the NJ.

Once the NJ is built up, then we are ready for the physics-defying move and the fire to cleanse the rest of the wicked and naysayers from the face of the earth.  Between now and then, we have some serious juju to get through.

There will be much opposition - possibly even having to dodge a few .303 rounds from those who still refuse to bend the knee and repent.  It will be interesting as we let God fight our battles.  Boring, it will not be.

Buckle up!  And enjoy the ride!


1 comment:

  1. Will you please explain SLC advent? Thanks in advance. I have a theory about conf. Did Christ appear to those in the room after the hosanna shout during the pre-recorded Tab choir spirit of god singing? Elder Johnson (the Prayer) was visibly shaken before starting the prayer. Only a theory. I want it to be true. Does any one know Elder Johnson to ask if you dare? I'm not sure how appropriate it would be to ask. I want it to be another triumphal entry after handkerchief palm leaves. I know its a leap. Of faith?

    ReplyDelete