THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

APOSTASY

Folks, I have seen more apostasy than I care to think about.

The latest, is a former Bishop who had kids in our playgroup in Sultan, WA where we used to live.

This fellow and his wife were stalwart, good people.  I am not sure what got into them other than I suspect their oldest daughter either went lesbo or became very sympathetic to them (never let your kids join the theatre dept....).  The parents, rather than call her to repentance and tell her to leave the Isle, decided to encourage her on her exploits and brand the doctrine of the Church harsh and unbending and thus the slide to where they are today....  Sad.  Very sad.

I called him out and pointed out that he was part of the fulfillment of prophecy in that he was amongst the tares just as the separation is occurring in full measure.  I have lost all respect for him - for this reason alone.

Here is a great quote on apostasy and criticizing the Brethren:
“When the Prophet had ended telling how he had been treated, Brother Behunin remarked: ‘If I should leave this Church I would not do as those men have done: I would go to some remote place where Mormonism had never been heard of, settle down, and no one would ever learn that I knew anything about it.’“The great Seer immediately replied: ‘Brother Behunin, you don’t know what you would do. No doubt these men once thought as you do. Before you joined this Church you stood on neutral ground. When the gospel was preached, good and evil were set before you. You could choose either or neither. There were two opposite masters inviting you to serve them. When you joined this Church you enlisted to serve God. When you did that you left the neutral ground, and you never can get back on to it. Should you forsake the Master you enlisted to serve, it will be by the instigation of the evil one, and you will follow his dictation and be his servant.’”15
Once you leave the Church, you can never leave it alone.  Whether it is the Cardston apostate or my old Bishop friend, it is constant bashing and attempting to bring others down to their level, just as crabs in the bucket.

Nothing like an old apostate.

I got the quote above from here:

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/teachings-joseph-smith/chapter-27?lang=eng

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Please look up Harold B. Lee On Liberal Mormons. on youtube. Alternatively, read the entire sermon in the April 1971 conference “The Iron Rod”.

    ReplyDelete