THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

ITALIAN EARTHQUAKE - ALL MEMBERS/MISSIONARIES ACCOUNTED FOR

None sporting black plastic.....

Man, it is my desire to visit the region - I completely dig the architecture - but I think I would have to restrict my stay to "seismically correct or corrected" structures only.  Those buildings that collapsed may just have been stacked stone with a thick plaster covering from the looks of it.  Just not up to the task of protecting against a 4.0 or higher.

When I was in college in Utah, I fell in love with an old red brick two story pioneer home in a field outside of Heber that had been abandoned at the time.  It was for sale along with a small parcel it was on.  I think it was $22,000 for the whole thing.  I just about bit on it (depending on where I would have a job after graduation).  I remember thinking about the steel frame that I would actually use to keep the house together in an EQ - and that basically, the cute, hard outer shell would just fall away in the event of a "biggie", leaving the inhabitants safely in their shake-resistant chewy middle.  That was then - now, I know better or would basically go monster on it.....  Double up.

After we moved to W. Jordan, I was obsessing over this old mansion that was on Redwood Rd. closer to dRaper.  Same thing; it had fallen into disrepair and needed a total makeover top to bottom - but she would have been a beaut once she was back at the top of her game.  The only way it would have worked would have been to have married a "stay at home" mom rockin' it for like a decade on the inside, once the structural stuff was finished.....  Thank heavens we did not bite on that one....  The things of the world that we focus on......  Worship.

Anyway, back to the EQ - lots of destruction within an hour of Rome.  That whole area has been getting hit hard.

I do not know much of the seismicity of the area, but I have always been impressed that the fall of Rome will be both literal and social/spiritual.  Just as my expectation that there will be an over-running of the Vatican by hooligans from the ME who despise Christianity (can I blame them for despising the corrupt side of it??), so will that expectation be fulfilled.  Just a matter of when and exactly how.

This series of quakes may well be part of that.

1 comment:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bSoNGSTHBs is the 21 Aug video from Dutchsinse. Near the end, about 38 minutes in is the European section with a warning for Central Italy east of Rome. That's a 2 day warning. Yet well-known Geological Scientists are denying that prediction is possible.

    His catch-up on the day is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JTRgs4l740

    ReplyDelete