THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, August 29, 2016

FLYING TO PIECES WHEN PRESENTED WITH THE TRUTH

So, I was talking to this young married couple.  The wife was explaining what she knew of the principles she was learning about from John Pontius.  I always go for the most extreme example of any principle to see just how deeply someone gets it.  We were on the subject of Consecration and terrestrial living.  I mentioned that plural marriage is the highest form of Consecration for the man or the woman.

I always throw the worst-case stuff out there and I was kind of expecting a bounce-back on that one.  Nope - she totally was in lock-step in that thinking.  I was kind of sitting there just staring at her thinking, "No one (at least female) thinks this way in the Church.....".  Maybe for the older unmarried/never married crowd.....  But not a gal who has locked in a great man and has a successful family.   Usually you catch an earful when you drop that bomb - the "p bomb".  I was kind of in shock - she gets it.....  Amazing.

Here is what Joseph Smith had to say in relation to dropping the P bomb on deaf ears - on hostile Victorian ears.....:

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2014/09/are-we-prepared?lang=eng
“There has been a great difficulty in getting anything into the heads of this generation. It has been like splitting hemlock knots with a corn-dodger [a piece of corn bread] for a wedge, and a pumpkin for a beetle [a wooden mallet]. Even the Saints are slow to understand.
“I have tried for a number of years to get the minds of the Saints prepared to receive the things of God; but we frequently see some of them, after suffering all they have for the work of God, will fly to pieces like glass as soon as anything comes that is contrary to their traditions: they cannot stand the fire at all. How many will be able to abide a celestial law, and go through and receive their exaltation, I am unable to say, as many are called, but few are chosen [see D&C 121:40].”
"You are welcome to all the knowledge and intelligence I can impart to you. Some people say I am a fallen Prophet, because I do not bring forth more of the word of the Lord. Why do I not do it? Are we able to receive it? No! not one in this room.”
“The Saints need not think because I am familiar with them and am playful and cheerful, that I am ignorant of what is going on."
Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith, (2011), 517–27

People just come undone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-eUufUZYgA

The gal in that vid (Argentinian model) reminds of the girl I first fell in love with.  I never got over her until I was home from my mission (she was the one whose brother died while I was in Brazil and I could sense her anguish for about two weeks until a letter from my sister put an end to the mystery).  For those who wonder what I look like, I am now just an ugly old meathead, but I had a fan club in high school (of about three girls who were the skater/parachute pants crowd) who thought I looked like Simon LeBon.  Ah, good times.   Great memories!

My wife says I looked and acted like Matthew McConaghey when we were first dating and married.  Yeah, she wishes.....  Thank goodness our memories are failing the both of us........  As long as when they go, they take us to a happy place - that is a good thing!





No comments:

Post a Comment