THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

THE PRINCIPLE OF SACRIFICE

I have a lead who is not LDS - and I cringed when I knew he would be in this position.  It is ALMOST a conflict of interest to have us in the same room.  He is trying to convince me of the error of my Mormon ways, and I am pointing out the ridiculousness of his arguments.  He is a nice fellow - and I really think that he thinks he is doing God a favor by "setting me straight" (not much unlike Saul and the early Saints)......  So yeah, I am having some fun with him.  I have also warned him several times of others who have crossed a line with me to the point that I was actually offended (that is hard for me - I have lived a life of being insulted to the extreme) and my spirit was actually grieved - that those people ended up with grave consequences.  I believe firmly that I have the Lord at my back - and it is NOT pretty when He has to act on my behalf; when I call out for help.  I have challenged him to check my story out with others who have crossed the line to verify.  He is not a trusting soul, when it comes to Mormons......

I just take it, take it and take it some more and then drop the hammer (ask for relief) and He has ALWAYS sent miracles on my behalf, remembering that we have access to the very powers of heaven that the ancients have had, so long as we qualify ourselves by obedience with EXACTNESS.  I am not saying I am perfect, but I try to repent daily and keep myself in a mode of prayer - and the Lord makes up the rest.  This is the legacy of a just people - who are striving to become holy.

Here is a Joseph Smith quote from a FB pal that embodies this principle that sacrifice (and obedience with exactness) bring the powers of heaven into our lives.  The most life-altering thing I have done was to serve a mission.  The most impactful thing I did to prepare for that mission was to read the book, "Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith" that contained timeless gems like this one:

"It is through the medium of the SACRIFICE of all earthly things that men do actually KNOW that they are doing the things that are well pleasing in the sight of God." - Joseph Smith

When we know that what we are doing is pleasing to God, then our confidence waxes strong to the point that we can BEGIN to exercise the faith of Mahonri Moriancumr.  This faith over time can rend the veil and move mountains (if it is God's will to do so).

1 comment:

  1. Your quote from "The Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith" comes from one of the most important piece of work by Joseph - Lectures on Faith, which is still cannon scripture, because the body of the church was given the vote to resend this work.

    ReplyDelete