THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

IS IT POSSIBLE TO OFFEND GOD?

The answer is yes - and the results are not good.

I find myself becoming offended by the willful actions of ignorant people.  The world is filled with them - and becoming more-so by the day.  It is usually those who feel a sense of entitlement - or the "you owe me" syndrome.  The welfare state offered by satan and his minions is at the root of the problem of ingratitude that so offends God.  This is why God has been so outspoken against the "something for nothing" doctrine; it wastes and destroys instead of builds and affirms.

I can easily forgive them for their actions - as most of them are done out of ignorance, but I will not allow them the pleasure of repeatedly trampling on my sensibilities until I see that they have changed their wayward ways and they see things as they truly are.  There are some individuals who, the more you give them, the more willful and ungrateful they become - until I am compelled to withdraw all of my support and blessings.  I have other people that I know well and love, that; the more you give them, the more they love and honor that effort.  It is truly a curious human trait.

My solution to the problem of those who reject my desire to bless, is often to leave them to their own devices and to let life teach them through a series of natural consequences, the results of their ignorant actions.  Life is the best teacher - almost in every instance.

God, too can become offended by His children who act willfully and disobediently.  The Jews have suffered and wandered as strangers in a strange land for thousands of years - because of the sins of their fathers who were willful.  Truly the sins of the parents (and grandparents) fall upon succeeding generations - and is often the cause of the downfall of entire generations - and is often the reason God has to hit the reset button to correct the situation.

Here is an example from 3 Nephi 28 that I bumped into yesterday and was intrigued by it:

  34 And wo be unto him that will not hearken unto the words of Jesus, and also to them whom he hath chosen and sent among them; for whoso receiveth not the words of Jesus and the words of those whom he hath sent receiveth not him; and therefore he will not receive them at the last day;
 35 And it would be better for them if they had not been born. For do ye suppose that ye can get rid of the justice of an offended God, who hath been trampled under feet of men, that thereby salvation might come?

It is always a GOOD thing to NOT reject the means of our salvation.  Many openly rebellious who willfully reject what is good and right - and those who are good and right think that they can repent on their own terms, do not always get that "second chance".  I have lived long enough to know that this is often the case.  We do not know when we will be pulled into war, a car accident, a sudden change in health that leaves us incapable of living a changed life.

God is merciful - but He will not be mocked!  For some, it would be better that they had not been born than to willfully reject mercy extended to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment