THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, May 7, 2015

MASSIVE SPIKE IN STD'S IN UTAH??

I would LOVE to see if this is among non-LDS, or what?  I sure hope so.....  Apparently, these are from new apps for hooking up for a one night stand.

I rented a car the other day in Bountiful, and was shocked to hear the fellow use Jesus' name in vain while talking on the phone and right in front of me......  I guess I just thought he looked like an RM, or something.  Probably not. 

Anyway, the statistics in this article and several other statistics have me wondering if it really is not time for a good old fashioned purging that Spencer spoke of.

As they say in the building demolition business, "Let's pull it".....  Seriously - where is the cut-off line?

http://www.kutv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/Swipe-right-for-chlamydia-How-Tinder-is-sending-STD-rates-skyrocketing-127116.shtml#.VUxK7GP0Zh3

2 comments:

  1. The 'reset" is coming quicker that most people think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A line from the article really annoyed me. Maybe it's because I'm culturally biased:
    "In a state that doesn't like to talk about sex, there seems to be a whole lot of it going on without much forethought of protection."
    My supposition, as one from California who now lives in the rural mid-west, is that there is a huge amount of baggage left over from the early converts from Presbyterian Scotland, Lutheran Germany and Scandinavia, and Victorian England. Coupled with the anti polygamy persecutions and a desire to distance themselves from "that chapter of our history" I think many are just reticent to speak about sex.
    That reticence can manifest itself as dangerous explorations and foolish behaviors.
    I have several nephews who have served missions and are now estranged from the gospel and the church. In large measure due to pride and self righteousness. But there is also that latent contempt for a culture that pretends "all's well in Zion" but won't confront obvious problems with self analysis and evaluation.
    President Monson, Pres. Uchtdorf, and others are a breath of fresh air in this battle to shift the cultural malaise and haughtiness, but I imagine they must get very tired and disappointed in the process.
    Yet another reason to pray for the Prophets and auxiliary leaders at all levels.

    ReplyDelete