THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, May 14, 2015

BECOMING COMFORTABLE IN GOD'S PRESENCE

I have heard the elements of this quote a thousand times - but never quite so eloquently:

"If Christ did not require faith and repentance then there would be no desire to change. Think of your friends and family members who have chosen to live without repentance. They don't want change. They're not trying to abandon sin and become comfortable with God, rather they are trying to abandon God and become comfortable with sin."
"His Grace is Sufficient," Brad Wilcox
Watch entire talk here: https://youtu.be/yLXr9it_pbY



 Here is a link to another quote by a famous LDS author, Orson Scott Card, that I really have taken to heart and love to quote as I deal with apostates such as my MIL and others:

HYPOCRISY BY THOSE WHO WANT TO CHANGE GOD’S COMMANDMENTS TO FIT THEIR OWN SELFISH WANTS
The teachings of the Lord are clear in regard to the way we must deal with sinners. Christ treated them with compassion -- as long as they confessed that their sin was a sin. Only when they attempted to pretend that their sin was righteousness did he harshly name them for what they were: fools, hypocrites, sinners. Hypocrites because they were unwilling to change their behavior and instead attempted to change the law to fit it; fools because they thought that deceiving an easily deceivable society would achieve the impossible goal of also deceiving God. These are they who are “kicking against the pricks” and “fighting against the Saints of God”. Joseph Smith taught that it is never enough to physically leave the body of the Church and then leave the Saints alone. You can leave the Church, but the Church never leaves you -- because immutable truth is just that, immutable. It will gnaw at you at every turn and every choice in life until you either bow the knee and confess Christ as your Savior or raise your fist to heaven and curse God and wish to die because of your defiance at the failing to give heed to saving laws and ordinances which can bring peace and lasting joy.
The Church has plenty of room for individuals who are struggling to overcome their temptation and bad behavior. But for the protection of the Saints and the good of the persons themselves, the Church has no room for those who, instead of repenting of gross sin, wish it to become an acceptable behavior in the society of the Saints. They are wolves in sheep's clothing, preaching meekness while attempting to devour the flock, or their families, etc.
No act of violence is ever appropriate to protect Christianity from those who would rob it of its meaning. None of us are without sin -- the casting of stones is not our duty or our privilege. All that must ever be done to answer them is to declare the truth, and to deny them the right to call themselves Latter-day Saints while proclaiming their false doctrine. Even as Christ freed from her accusers the woman taken in adultery, he told her, Go and sin no more.
Quote attributed to Orson Scott Card with modification by myself.



4 comments:

  1. One person's heaven is another person's hell sometimes. That could be why Christ said, "In my Father's house are many mansions. I go to prepare a place for you." Father has provided a gift, but if we do not receive what we could have received, then we receive what we decide to receive. Doctrine and Covenants 88:33
    "33 For what doth it profit a man if a gift is bestowed upon him, and he receive not the gift? Behold, he rejoices not in that which is given unto him, neither rejoices in him who is the giver of the gift."

    The word "house" has many definitions. After reading the Old Testament and New and the Book of Mormon, it seems to indicate all that belong to a family or are associated with a person's family or that live with the family. But then in D&C 112 "upon my house it shall begin and from my house it shall go forth," appears to be a different type of definition..more narrowed or specific. Then there is "house" of the Lord. So at least three different definitions. House of Israel seems to fall within the first, but may be referred to in D&C 112. I would love to have or see some more posts on the word "house" and all of its different meanings.

    Another definition of "house", that backs up the first, "57 And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house."

    I have another question. Jesus said, "A wicked an adulterous generation seeketh after a sign." Are we not to keep the commandment foremost because we love God? What are we to make when others tell us to keep the commandments as a sign for God? Does the God who made us and heaven and earth, ever since the atonement and resurrection, need a sign, or does he just need a willing heart and a contrite spirit? Doesn't he know us already, so why is a sign necessary? Doesn't God already know our hearts? So wouldn't we keep the commandments just as an outgrowth of our love? He already knows if we love Him and if we are keeping his commandments, so what is talk of doing this or that as a sign to God? Are there some things I do not understand still?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your questions concerning righteous individuals following the scripture concerning the wicked and adulterous you quoted are a bit confusing to me.

      Delete
  2. Anyone out there familiar with Mena Lee Grebin? I just listened to a two our podcast at Trunews.

    https://www.trunews.com/thursday-may-7-2015-mena-lee-grebin-pt-1/
    http://www.trunews.com/friday-may-8-2015-mena-lee-grebin-pt-2/

    She seems very much like a black, evangelical Julie Rowe, and appears to put a timeline for economic collapse coming up here in September 2015. She also says she doesn't believe that there will be elections in 2016 due to either war or martial law (Mills Crenshaw would love her). I felt she has a sweet spirit, and it's easy to see by the interactions between the host and her, how camps would be formed by groups outside of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

    Any other thoughts out there on her (other than that she believes in the rapture)??

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post!

    In Psalm 7 we read:

    "He who is pregnant with evil and conceives trouble, gives birth to disillusionment. He who digs a hole and scoop it out, falls into the pit he has made. The trouble he causes recoils himself, his violence comes down on his own head"

    And furthermore, I am so weary of family members who are living more comfortable with sin to the point that I am treated with disdain if I mention the Lord, His goodness, or His commandments. They seem repelled by it. I am treated as if I'm a religious freak.

    Perhaps I am. I love talking about God. Thinking about Him. Talking to Him. Discussing the scriptures with anyone who wishes to. It's so much a part of me, it's all I want to be and do. The world feels dirty and uncomfortable to me.

    I have taken up learning the Hebrew language. I want so much to sing the Psalms and praise the Lord in His holy language. I want to be able to read/speak/write Biblical Hebrew too as it is written in the Torah. (teachings)

    I can feel a change coming over me from learning Hebrew. I can feel the Lord's approval and delight in my efforts. He has blessed me immensely. There is real spiritual power in praying/singing this language.

    Evil is forced to flee from it. I testify of that first hand. It's been my God send. Here is a beautiful example you can listen to and try and see what I'm talking about. I hope you're as amazed and delighted as I am. It's so beautiful, it makes me cry. I sing it loud and hope the angels back me up so the Lord doesn't plug His ears. Shalom!!!

    https://youtu.be/WC1zyHnV_dM

    Kadosh (= Holy) Adonai (= O Lord) Elohim (= our God) Tze’va’ot (= Lord of Hosts) Asher hayah (= Who was and who is) V’hoveh V’yavo! (And will come!).

    Also, check out Christene Jackman on You Tube. She sings the Psalms and includes the words to help you follow along. I love her stuff!! God bless all!!!

    Also it is said that listening to or praying the Psalms in Hebrew over the sick and afflicted brings about healing if it is the Lord's will. David purposefully used the sacred tones of healing in the Psalms.

    On You Tube you can find all sorts of this stuff. You can't go wrong having this in the background quietly at night while you sleep! A rabbi reciting the Psalms over you. Evil cannot stand to hear it at all. Play them during the day too to keep your mind and heart pure.



    ReplyDelete