THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, September 6, 2012

STRESS TEST - A SURVIVALIST'S STANDBY

I just got done reading an article on Duane S. Crowther's website on how he was asked by an inspired bishopric to see how well he could do living on his preparations for one month.  I have also attempted to do this very thing - but failed miserably.

Stress tests are imperative if you expect to survive what is coming.  Living without electricity or other modern conveniences is tough. I used to be a flight test engineer - and we tested for every possible scenario, so that the flying public did not have to experience an unexpected failure - and then end up getting stress tested in a 30 second inverted dive down to their deaths.....  NO FUN!

One of my preparations is a 1996 4x4 Dodge pickup with Cummins diesel.  Direct injection, etc for EMP robustness.  I have an extra starter and alternator in a metal garbage can as a means of getting it going in case the OT scripture of the "chariots" suddenly not working comes to fruition.  See my previous blog post on the Shahab III missile air bursts the Iranians are testing.  That along with their nearly-completed nukes and their recent statements that they are going to begin to field a navy outside our territorial waters, gives me pause - and makes me wonder if we should not be looking towards a precision strike of the Iranian facilities, as Romney wants..... 

Well, after taking a look around a Dodge Cummins forum, I found out that this particular Dodge does have a low pressure electrical fuel pump that delivers the fuel to the engine where the high pressure mechanical pump does the rest.  I went to my local regional library in Seattle, checked out the factory manual and indeed that little detail was correct.  It also has a crank angle sensor on the vibration dampener (front of the engine) that would easily go out in an EMP event.  So, my great little plan was fraught with problems which I am working to resolve.  Only a stress test would uncover some of these issues - unplugging the body computer and seeing if the old girl would still run normally - or at least in limp mode so I could charge the battery bank and run my 6000 Watt inverter from them for emergency power.

Here is something I HEARTILY RECOMMEND that each person does in order to see where they are at is where they need to be:

http://www.duanescrowther.com/PDF/Food%20Storage%20Experiment.pdf

If you are a patriarch or a matriarch, you need to be sure that your children can also pass the stress test.  It can be a fun supplementation of the FHE where you simply let them show that they know how to master the making the bread with little or no input, etc.

Of course, the most important thing you can do is make sure you are spiritually ready for what comes.  Only a fraction will physically make it through.  It is far more important that you come through spiritually than physically.  My motivation is my children - and those who are striving.  I care little for myself (do not fear for my own life or well-being) other than to be there for the leadership portion of the exercise.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I often hear it said that "appetite fatigue" caused many deaths in WWII Germany and Europe. Even if nutritionally one can survive on their food storage does not mean that they will survive once they get sick of eating the same tasteless stuff day after day.

    I have not yet read the paper in the link, but I imagine that it contains the same concepts. How can we truly get ready without actually attempting a full on test (no electricity, no natural gas, no water) for a month or two to see where we end up.

    D-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eric,

    Would you mind posting some more things on Polygamy. Mary Elizabeth Rollins Lightner's testimony has been posted online in several locations, she even had an Angel appear to her to tell her to be sealed to the Prophet Joseph Smith. She became frightened and hid her face from the Angel. Later in Utah, the Prophet Joseph, Hyrum, and Heber C. together appeared to her. It just shows that righteous individuals will receive greater things ...

    FWIW, this testimony should dispel all the "foolish" notions that the Prophet did not practice polygamy. She relates how the Prophet told her how he was even threatened with death unless he heeded the words of the Angel. Below is a link to her testimony hosted by probably a BYU professor, although I am not sure exactly who has hosted her testimony.

    http://user.xmission.com/~plporter/lds/merlbyu.htm

    Thank you for taking the time to look this over, add your own thoughts, and to also include this testimony in your awesome collection of truth.

    Dimiwill

    ReplyDelete