THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, September 6, 2012

LIFE EVERLASTING - DUANE S CROWTHER; A BOOK REPORT

The titles to the blog are somewhat boring or "utilitarian".  Its done on purpose in order to make sure that a google search on a given set of keywords will bring the reader to the blog.  There are hundreds (and probably approaching thousands) of key word strings that will bring up the blog in the top 10 or even top 1 or 2 ranking - and thus ensure that the message is disbursed to as many people as possible.  Google ranking is everything if you are trying to punch through the computing ceiling of the cloud.  With bizarre "one off" topics, its not hard to be at the head of the class.  No one else will touch them - or cares about them, so I have the field to myself, so to speak....

I think the author who has had the greatest impact on my life, so far would have to be Duane S. Crowther.  Not so much that he is off the charts in his writing style, just that his works are excellent, and came along at the right time; when my wife and I needed them most.  Right before our kid died, we had two salt of the earth neighbors who happened to be LDS, the Jacobsens.  They recommended a few books that impacted me heavily and were instrumental in me deciding to start this blog.  One was Fate of the Persecutors of the Prophet Joseph Smith and the other was Life Everlasting, by Duane S. Crowther.

The book Fate has been downplayed by Dallin H. Oakes and even some anti's - largely because it tells it as it happened - and stuffs the wicked; really just slams their hellish practices down and lets them know what they have coming for their efforts.  The Church wants to play along and get along; I personally do not care much to.  I like things presented as they are and were - and let the chips fall where they may.  I happen to miss the preacher in the Temple Endowment.....  The Savior's words 'wise as a serpent, harmless as a dove', sometimes are lost on me and I go about like a bull in a china shop.  I personally will take the 'trash' head on and not care about the consequences.....  Several years ago, I tangled with a rabid anti named Tal who was just going about destroying the Church - son of Almaesque-like; and warned him that the path he was on would bring great destruction in his own life.  At that time, I could tell his activities were blinding him to the destruction in his marriage - and no doubt the stress he was also subjecting his 8 kids to.  I was recently in contact with him and his marriage is over and he may be ready to turn the corner in a repentant way.  I guess Saul of NT fame did it, why not Tal.  Truly sad - as the wicked kick against the pricks, they do have their agency - but they absolutely CANNOT choose the outcome of their consequences.  I was in contact with him in a public way on a forum I no longer endorse due to the amount of godless anti activity on it and lack of moderator discernment, and he (or one of his hellish anti cohorts) let me know that the book Fate was inaccurate.  While there may be a few inaccuracies, I know the principles in it are correct; precisely because I have warned and forewarned several people who have kicked against the pricks that they were on a collision course with their fates.  One co-worker is now experiencing spirit prison and the other accidentally sent his own mother over to the spirit world and he came out of it a changed and humble man (two separate previous blog posts).   I have also seen it in my own life when I have become slothful and crossed a line; the smack-down is swift and sure.  God would rather have a corrected, compliant person than to let them go to waste for not having input external course corrections at the right time.  The same goes for nations - who declare they no longer have a need for a God in directing their affairs......  The smack-down there comes shortly.  I open my mouth so that I do not end up part of the problem - but rather part of the solution.

The second book - almost polar opposite the first, and the subject of this piece was given to my wife and I to borrow around 6 months before we went through our life-changing event.  Life Everlasting is a great compilation of most of the outstanding historical quotes and anecdotes on NDEs, spirit world, and post-life experiences of notable members of the Church.  Thus, there is credibility there.  Duane and his wife lost one of their daughters as an eleven year old to childhood leukemia.  Being a Church seminarian, he started digging on the topic of death, and the book was the result of his excellent research.  By it, we were prepared for what was coming into our lives in a few short months.  After our loss, I was filled with the spirit of prophecy and loaned our copy to my mother to let her get ready.  It was one of those statements out of my mouth that I did not know how to the letter would be fulfilled.  My mother always kind of feared death - and expressed it to me.  After reading this book, she was at peace with the process.  Though healthy right up to her death, as predicted, she was gone within six months - and came back a month after her death to deliver a message (previous blog piece).  I now own no less than three copies of this work and find it some of the best material to loan out to people who are struggling with issues of death.

You can find the book here on Duane's web site:

www.duanescrowther.com

Hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for all your awesome blog posts. I do have some questions, if you wouldn't mind.

    "I was in contact with him in a public way on a forum I no longer endorse due to the amount of godless anti activity on it and lack of moderator discernment, and he (or one of his hellish anti cohorts) let me know that the book Fate was inaccurate." I sure hope that you have NOT given up on the same forum that we both attend. Or, was it another forum of "anti activity" that you have left?

    In any case, did you ever figure out whether Tal was iThink? Everyone else seemed to conclude that they were two different individuals. Was this true? Is that also your conclusion or did you uncover further information?

    Since I don't feel comfortable revealing my full username in relation to these questions, I will only sign off as ...

    -D......l

    ReplyDelete
  2. D, I just got kicked off non-LDSFF again for calling these types on the carpet - no reason given this time; but I suspect it was probably due to use of the word "retards" in describing (not the frothing-at-the-mouth anti's), but the people who (according one anti), God "murdered" when he sent the flood in to destroy the wicked. I am frustrated beyond words and most likely will go the way of Serenitylala and others whom I suspect have split over similar kinds of things - namely the forum being taken over by a posse of anti's. I have watched it degrade in the last couple of years to a political bicker-fest and then finally to a place where the anti's prowl and have the gall to make statements questioning the resurrection, validity of accepted scripture, etc. I do not mind good, thoughtful commentary as you have provided there. Even if it does fly in the face of convention, I do not mind people who are controversial. When people attempt to take it to attacking bedrock doctrines of the Church, the Spirit of the Lord is grieved and so am I. I pity the moderators who either feel helpless or are complicit by doing nothing. Where bedrock doctrines are attacked, I have no patience so I will start calling these jokers out. Charity does not apply where people have crossed a line. Its like pandering to pedophiles in a daycare - simply would not be done except by some member of NAMBLA.... We have spiritual pedophiles who are wandering about seeking to destroy innocence - and if I were the moderators, I would be keen do detect, warn, and throw out in order to keep things clean. I do not want to quash lively, wholesome debate, but keep the debate on focus. To me, the debate is speculation or interesting/relevant quotes on the power of the resurrection (how it occurs - something which fascinates me), rather than whether some gnostic account of it being mythical has merit, or not. If I am not even there - then what the _____, am I doing on a forum that propounds itself to be LDS?? By reading the history of someone's comments, one with half a brain and an ounce of discernment can tell someone who is not honestly seeking to obtain a testimony of the power of the resurrection and one who is trying to obfuscate, lie and deceive. I, for one, will not tolerate it. As for Tal, I thought I made my case that it was him - his words condemned him. Unfortunately, he is public enough that there is a plethora of quotes out there - that just happened to match exactly what he was saying on the forum. The rest of the anti-posse covered for him.... By calling him out, Ithink is pretty much done, and I am suspicious that he resurfaced as Money on the forum. Call me uncharitable, if you will, but I will not waste my time with these chumps. I would do much better to spend the time investigating the process and starting a forum based on debate by active, temple-worthy LDS that has the stated purpose to be a means of strengthening existing testimonies (with portions of the forum allowed for those who would like to be admitted - where they can do their thing). The wrong people have been kicked off the forum/left the forum for the wrong reasons.

    I will leave it at that.... I will state that the forum's days are numbered unless they make a course correction NOW. Newbies will see it for what it is and not even lurk and jump in. They simply will be repulsed and back away slowly. In the last roast of Ithink, I had so many PMs from people who were supportive before I got kicked off. They felt the same way - and wouldn't you know, they were all people that I seemed to feel at home with. The same anti-posse circled their wagons and shredded on the other end of the spectrum - exactly as I expected. I have dealt with anti's my entire life and the behavior and MO is identical, to the point of being laughable. If the moderators of LDSFF are so naive as to not see it for what it is, then I am sorry for them.

    Phew, that is the longest co

    ReplyDelete
  3. mment I have ever made on a comment. The secret to knowing whether that is Tal is dbwmm or some facsimile of that who lives on Saltspring, Island in Southern BC (same island Tal was on before he no-doubt lost the house in the divorce; speculation; and ended up on Vancouver Island). Dbwmm posts on the forum, has a testimony and is looking for others to join him on some kind of retreat and to bolster their small branch - which lost Tal and is down a counselor in the B-presidency and the Gospel Doctrine teacher. Anyway, beyond the words of Tal there is the 8 kids factor. Just how many people do you think live in southern BC, are about the right age, have 8 kids (that is rare these days, you know) and then have identical arguments against the law of tithing and a whole host of other things. Tal plays the martyr (long before I found the forum in personal correspondence), and has perfected his trick on the forum. Ithink is a master. With your background, you should be able to pick that stuff out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric,

    I am so sorry that they kicked you out; I just don't understand it. I too was given a couple of warnings. Something was especially not right with Money as his posts claimed he had no concerns one minute and then the next he would say how devastated he was about ... and could never forgive ... because it has destroyed his testimony. Whatever, NO ONE is perfect and we must learn Charity if we expect it in turn from our Savior.

    FWIW, I very much cherished your words and strongly felt that all should have their say; you had the Spirit with you and I could feel that you were being honest in many of your profound posts. LDSFF will NOT be the same without you. This really makes me sad that the honest in heart are being kicked out!

    IIRC, I have only been on LDSFF since the end of May this year. Really, I joined because of a dream I had three years ago warning me that I was on the wrong path and was heading for destruction. Eventually, I opened up to books by John Pontius and Denver Snuffer. I really do believe that they have seen the Savior and that they are warning us of our complacency as a People and a Country. Our political foolishness testifies of our lack of understanding.

    JFYI, my words were never intended to criticize the Church, just to awaken people to the awful situation before us. Regardless of how right the Brethren may be in what they teach, it is our duty to learn to listen to the Spirit by asking God about everything. Just like you, I know that our scriptures are from God; they are inspired and they will lead us back to Him if we but feast on them. But we must learn to ask Him about everything; not because there is something wrong but because we must learn to rely on Him and His Spirit. Otherwise, how can we likewise learn to recognize the good from the bad. The Brethren won't always be there to answer all of our questions, especially NOT in the days ahead. Ah well, I won't feed you any more of my crazy diatribes ...

    Since I am rambling now, I will cut it short. In any case, I will also probably focus more on my Book of Mormon studies and spend less time on the Forum. I feel so unprepared for what is ahead and I only wish that others in Utah would have opened their minds to honest candidates like Ron Paul, etc. I don't like voting for the lessor of two evils; it does NOT feel right. But alas, I have given up on politics and have started focusing mostly on mine and my family's preparations for the dark days ahead.

    Cleon Skousen was right about a lot of things. No one on my street in Utah cares to hear about Him or any other "conspiracists" (those who discern conspiracies through the power of the Spirit when no one else can understand what they are talking about).

    D-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eric,

    I went back and reread my comments and realized that the following sentence might have been misunderstood ... "Whatever, NO ONE is perfect and we must learn Charity if we expect it in turn from our Savior." This sentence was only directed at Money's continuous claims that different personal/financial mistakes by the Prophet Joseph Smith bothered him so much. Since none of the mistakes had anything to do with the Prophet's righteousness, I kept getting frustrated by Money's insistence that his faith was somehow shattered because the Prophet was actually human just like the rest of us (but a heck of a lot more righteous than the rest of us).

    FWIW, the sentence was NOT a reference to you in any way, even though my post did NOT make that clear. Hope you were not offended by my comment as I just realized that you might have thought that it was directed at you. Ah well, I guess I need to be more careful with my comments in the future.

    In any case, I searched your site for references to Mary Elizabeth Rollins Lightner's testimony and never found any references to it.

    When you have time, would you mind giving your opinion of the referenced testimony, and also including it on your website (assuming that you actually believe that it is valid)?

    http://user.xmission.com/~plporter/lds/merlbyu.htm

    Thank you for such an awesome website and for all the great information that you make public in one location.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, not to be concerned. I like to say that I am really pretty unoffendable (I have a rule to never take anything seriously when directed at me). One of those anti jokers had the nerve to call me out as having a murderous spirit, or some such a thing, because I am all for the Lord coming quickly and doing mayhem on the wicked (and that may include me; if I do not have the right spirit about me...). I just laughed.

      When people (knowingly) malign my Savior or perfect and pure doctrine, I become what I hope is righteously indignant and start to shred to correct the situation. I have little patience for insolence and disregard for pure things.

      I have read the Mary K Lightner quote years ago in a book my wife bought on polygamy. I was on the road so I have not had time to research it. It may take a week, or so, to get through it. I have to find out more about her. Once I am comfortable with her posture towards the Restoration and Joseph, etc then I will proceed. It did not hit me well at first - but I am usually initially guarded with quotes on that particular subject; or any quote of such controversial subjects; they usually are propounding an agenda for one side or the other. Either way, I will do a blog piece on it within the week. Thanks for your affirming words! E-

      Delete