THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Saturday, September 8, 2012

SHAKERS AND FOOD STORAGE

I just saw this photo:



 and the thought occurred to me:  What if there is a major earthquake?

Keep the boxes the bottles came in with the dividers.  All shelves (if they are free-standing) should be lag-screwed to the wall and screwed to each other.  All glass jars should be in boxes with cardboard dividers between the bottles.  And - most importantly of all - the glass jars should be on the lower two shelves, if possible.  If they do fall off the shelves, they will most likely survive the fall.  The metal cans of food and any lighter things on the top shelves will survive a fall from the higher levels.   The bulky light stuff should be on the higher shelves.

We ordered our empty masons from Wal-mart.com and they were shipped with a box within a box.  That configuration is the best of all.  Its a little extra work - but the time you will need your food storage is AFTER the disaster.  You must plan for the worst and expect the best.

I think this is some of the best advice I have when it comes to proper food storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment