THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, September 24, 2012

JOSEPH'S LAST TWO DREAMS

Boy, do I love the Prophet Joseph Smith.  For any non-LDS reading this, we do not worship the man, we just revere him as any mortal called to do a major work among God's children such as Moses or Elijah or Noah.  I happen to be able to heavily identify with him.  Truly, he was named properly - having such a propensity for dreams and visions as his forefather, Joseph of Egypt did.  Both were saviors among their people for having used this gift.  Many ancestors of Joseph can be identified by their possession of this gift - some by this and their red or reddish-brown hair.  Others, through Manasseh, will have this gift but have the physical characteristics of their mother of the darker hair.  If you have not read the previous post on apocryphal love story of Joseph and his lovely wife, I recommend it highly.   She went through a powerful conversion process complete with an angelic ministrant.

I hope you find this video of Joseph's last dream as much a tear jerker as I and my wife did tonight.  Like I said earlier, its almost merciful that we do not know what is coming and that the Lord shuts off this revelatory process and just gives impressions in order that we are not too mentally distressed over the picture that would be arrayed before our minds - as was the case right before our boy died:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q_vgg4WjMk

We found this link while looking for the dream he had just prior to this one about the in-fighting to be had among the Saints just prior to the Lord's return.  Joseph barely recognized "the farm" that he had left so many years before.  I believe this is the same farm mentioned in Section 96 of the Doctrine and Covenants and alternately called the Johnson Farm after the one it was finally deeded to.  Truly, it will take a purging among the Saints in order to return things to the former acceptable state.  For my family and the people around me, I pray for kid gloves - not that I do not mind a good trial or two to shake me up out of my deep sleep, but I sense we are collectively really trying here.  We should be given some measure of relief for good behavior.  The prayer of the righteous availeth much.  Always surround yourself with good people - it is your best defense as you work as Enoch of old to be a leaven within your people and to bring them to an elevated state of being - and thus avoid the coming consequences of sin as the people of Noah's day experienced after the righteous were removed from the path of destruction

Here is the body of text of the "farm" dream - and please ask yourself if this was something random, or whether there was deeper meaning here. The answer is obvious to me:

"I was back in Kirtland, Ohio, and thought I would take a walk out by myself, and view my old farm, which I found grown up with weeds and brambles, and altogether bearing evidence of neglect and want of culture. I went into the barn, which I found without floor or doors, with the weather-boarding off, and was altogether in keeping with the farm.

"While I viewed the desolation around me, and was contemplating how it might be recovered from the curse upon it, there came rushing into the barn a company of furious men, who commenced to pick a quarrel with me.
"The leader of the party ordered me to leave the barn and farm, stating it was none of mine, and that I must give up all hope of ever possessing it.
"I told him the farm was given me by the Church, and although I had not had any use of it for some time back, still I had not sold it, and according to righteous principles it belonged to me or the Church.

"He then grew furious and began to rail upon me, and threaten me, and said it never did belong to me nor to the Church.

"I then told him that I did not think it worth contending about, that I had no desire to live upon it in its present state, and if he thought he had a better right I would not quarrel with him about it but leave; but my assurance that I would not trouble him at present did not seem to satisfy him, as he seemed determined to quarrel with me, and threatened me with the destruction of my body.

"While he was thus engaged, pouring out his bitter words upon me, a rabble rushed in and nearly filled the barn, drew out their knives, and began to quarrel among themselves for the premises, and for a moment forgot me, at which time I took the opportunity to walk out of the barn about up to my ankles in mud.

"When I was a little distance from the barn, I heard them screeching and screaming in a very distressed manner, as it appeared they had engaged in a general fight with their knives. While they were thus engaged, the dream or vision ended." (Recorded 27 June 1844)





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a prophecy of what happened to the saints when they were cast out from the wicked and then the civil war.

    I have always thought that the wicked are ripe for destruction when they begin to cast out the righteous from amoung them. I suspect this will happen again. First the Atheist will call for taxation of churches then they will confiscate all property and cast out the Saints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with the former anonymous. I believe this event is in the future. And if you can not figure out who it is that is fighting and screaming for preminence among all who would exercise unrighteous dominion (like the Skeksis fighting at the death of their emperor in the movie, Dark Crystal) then you are either blessed not to be surrounded by it, or blind to it's existence around you.

    ReplyDelete