THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

MINISTERING OF ANGELS - THEIR ROLE TO RETURN AND REPORT

I have nothing personal to add here.  I am fascinated by this topic, but I defer to one who is way ahead of me.  This from Serenitylala - and it appears that there are some keys here to receiving your calling and election sure:
        
          What I love about Guardian Angels is that they are constantly returning and reporting the things that we do. So it's a never-ending cycle of angels that come down here to minister to us and protect us from harm. A good example of this is the vision Jacob had of angels ascending and descending down a ladder to the earth.


There was one guardian angel that watched over me in my youth, whom has long since returned and reported. I was walking home from school one day and I took a common short cut through a small patch of desert along a trail that was no more than 15 feet long. The brush was only calf high and there were no trees around.

Halfway down the trail, when I felt someone goose my behind with a very good pinch. I jumped a foot into the air and hopped a foot forward on the trail, before turning around ready to fight the gooser. Heavens, only knows how startled a young girl would be to have their butt goosed when moments before they were alone.

Before me appeared for only a moment an image of an angel that had once lived as a Templar. Waving at me, he grinned this gianormous grin and then pointed down at where I was about to step before he pinched me. Then he disappeared.

I looked where he had pointed and a rattlesnake slid across where I would have stepped. ( I guess that was a good enough reason to pinch a girl's bum.)

Needless to say, I hunted this man down in my ancestry and found his name, the Spirit was so strong on my ancestor's name. He died in 1156 and was a Templar in his life. Good man, and had his temple work done since the 1930s.

This particular angel saved my life twice. So I owe him big. :D Downright fun angel to have around.
                                                                 ===============
 There are people that have angels watching over them and ministering to them, that unfortunately do nothing of report in terms of spiritual progress and their poor angels are unable to return and report.

New guardian/ministering angels come as the old ones leave when a person has progressed in their spiritual nature so to speak... that's using wrong terms, but this is an open site... and I'm choosing my words accordingly.

So let us take the laws of the temple as an example of steps in progression (this case is of messenger angels, but the laws that govern guardian angels are similar):

D&C 130:20-21
20 There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—
21 And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.

Law of Sacrifice is given this one by Eloheim.

Law of sacrifice is kept so angels are sent down to give instructions and blessings as well as further laws.

Law of the Gospel: This is given then the angel messengers return in report, when the act is satisfactory to the law.

This law is kept earning another law and blessing... which the angels are given to return and report.

Law of Gospel is kept, and change of heart takes place. Representative of the Baptism of Fire and the Holy Ghost (I won't go into this stuff here.)

Then Law of Chastity is given and angels return and report when this is satisfactory.

The same with the Law of Consecration and Order of prayer which are given at the same time. Then they return and report.

Then after sufficient progress, the angels return to report.

Then they descend back down to introduce the person at the veil, which is representative of the person receiving their calling and election made sure. And there went the whole process.

In this example, the angels don't change, because these angels, being Peter, James, and John have all these keys to administer and there is no need for changing them for angels with more authority (if there were any).

---
In the case of guardian/ministering angels they remain until a level of progression is achieved by their Charge (the mortal they are watching), wherein they return and report, and in most cases (if the change in the mortal is sufficient enough), a new set of guardian angels is sent to administer and guard the Charge.... These new angels have the authority to teach a higher set of principle as well as handle the more difficult challenges from the adversary that will come to the Charge as a side effect of progression.

It is a system of perfect order.

There is a quote by Joseph Smith that talks about the closer a man gets to the Lord and the greater the manifestations he receives, the more harsh the attacks from the adversary are, even to the degree of the manifestations from the Lord. Or in other words, the better things you receive, the worse things the adversary is allowed to throw at you.

So to use a numbered system, the Lord doesn't send in a level 2 to handle a level 6 need. Sounds harsh to give them levels like this, but I don't know how else to describe it and Miss Mendenhall uses a numbered system of sorts, so I guess it works.

In all honesty, I have been given to understand that it is a colored mantle system, but other than that, I have no further knowledge on the subject.

Sorry, for my poor choice of words in the last post. I have a hard time explaining things sometimes.

3 comments:

  1. This was awesome. I was able to see where I am in the process. Thank you.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I must have done something really good, because the adversary seemsto be working overtime on us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The prophets have said that God will test "your very heart strings". What ever it is that you love more than God, you will have to give to him... i.e., "your heart". I don't think any of us are exempt.

    This may, in some cases, be your very family... some have been dis-owned for joining the church... some have lost jobs... and others their lives.

    I'd like to remind you that you voted to "Oust" Satan. Now he is at WAR with you and this is especially true if YOU were one of those who testified in the grand counsel to convince others that his plan was wrong and to join with Christ.

    ReplyDelete