THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

ENSURING POSTERITY AS NUMEROUS AS THE SANDS OF THE SEA

Here is something I thought was interesting in my Book of Mormon reading this morning:

 10 For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of aaffliction.
 11 For mine own sake, yea, for mine own sake will I do this, for I will not suffer my aname to be polluted, and I will bnot give my glory unto another.

 18 O that thou hadst hearkened to my acommandments—then had thy bpeace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea.
 19 Thy aseed also had been as the sand; the offspring of thy bowels like the gravel thereof; his name should not have been cut off nor destroyed from before me.

According to verse 11, the Lord cuts the wicked off so that Satan will not win, ultimately.  As a protection against the 2/3s that chose the correct plan.

Because God can give life, he is able to take it.  That is one tool the adversary does not have in his tool bag - life.  God will take those whom He will, when he will in order to ensure that the harvest is the greatest (He can save as many as He can).  Remember, Satan said that he would save ALL and not one soul would be lost.  If all of humanity were spoiled - and say the Great Flood did not occur, most likely all would have been lost - things were too far degraded that the situation could ever self-ameliorate at that point.  Things never would have gotten better - all would be lost.

There are many who see some event like the Flood or Sodom or Jerusalem in 69AD or 589BC as a terrible tragedy.  I have even been accused of having a murderous spirit for having said the opposite to be true - by someone whom I have no respect for.....  I call foolishness on it.  Those events are the results of a merciful God acting to do as much good as He can for as many as He can.  He has optimized it - for the greatest good.  I, for one, refuse to question His perfect motives and actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment