THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

I WISH TO GOD YOU WERE ALL PROPHETS AND PROPHETESSES

I shared some personal prophecies that have come to pass with a fellow in the insurance office today.  I am sure he did not know how to process it.  Most Saints do not - and it is a sad thing.  They have been taught by spiritually anemic people and they then have passed along their non-experience to the next generation until we have faithless, giftless, watered-down skim milk drinkers.  It is part of the natural cycle of apostasy within any religious body.

Here are some quotes I love very much from Awaken on FB:

President Gordon B Hinckley told the women of the church that the spirit of prophecy may be theirs, "as much as so as any man in the world." He also recognized that some women are blessed with added discernment for future events. "Can anyone doubt that many women have a special intuitive sense," he observed, "even a prescient understanding of things to come?" (Ensign, Nov. 1985)
In the early days of the restored church, President Heber C Kimball stressed that reality that this gift is found in more then the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve: "There is not a man or woman in this congregation," he explained, "If they live their religion and have the Holy Ghost upon them, but what are prophets, everyone of them....I wish to God you, brethren and sisters, were all prophets and prophetesses; you may be, if you live your religion; you cannot help yourselves." (Journal of Discourses, 5:88)
Joel 2:28 "I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters will prophesy."

No comments:

Post a Comment