THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Saturday, March 2, 2013

POST APOCALYPTIC FLOURISHING

Here is one that goes in the random column - and I would love to see more data that would back it up, other than one anecdotal story and some details from Spencer's book, Visions of Glory.

From reading Visions and the previous post material by Iohanni, we can be assured that there will be massive devastation due to EQ and some relatively heavy nuclear exchanges.   I have never thought (since the 1980's) that nuclear exchanges would factor into the final scenario - I have always taken the "all is well in Zion" approach to burying my head in the sand - precisely because I figured this scenario would make the earth completely unfruitful and a desert zone for hundreds or even  thousands of years.  I am beginning to change that picture that the media has given us.  I think it may be distorted - and for what purpose, I am not sure.....

The other day I was chatting with an engineering contractor who hails from Eastern Europe.  He lived about 100 miles from Chernobyl when it lit off.  Chernobyl means "wormwood" in Slavic.....  I was telling him how sorry I was that he had to go thru that - asked him if the agriculture was severely affected.  I knew the way that we (outside the Iron Curtain) were made aware of the unfolding tragedy was through gamma particle spikes in detectors to the north in Finland.  What he said next shocked me.  He said that in their garden the vegetables (specifically mentioned tomatoes) grew like they never had before.  I asked for clarification - as I pictured withered yellow leaves due to the radiation.  He again confirmed the veggies were fantastic and he thought the two were related.

In Visions, there clearly were problems with nukes and then reports of the climate changing, curative properties of water coming out from underneath the temple, and then reports of massive agriculture....  I think the great EQ that comes will do something to change the climate (possibly by the tilt to the earth's axis being changed, but I have to wonder after the possibility of a little hot particulate being a good thing......

Just a thought.  Time will tell.

http://voices.yahoo.com/scientists-discover-clues-as-plants-grow-10551095.html

No comments:

Post a Comment