THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

RELEASE OF THE BOOK OF MORMON VIDEOS AND A STORY ABOUT STRAY DOGS....

So, I rarely have time to read while we build our house, but have treated myself to a book called Lehi in the Wilderness.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lehi+in+the+wilderness&rlz=1C1GCEA_enCA864CA864&sxsrf=ACYBGNQZW74gtpQ52WJyZm8WXc6ep5o7Lw:1572483449566&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=8H0HtEQT04VhXM%253A%252Cbun4y7sM2F30cM%252C%252Fg%252F1144d5cp8&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSmVyV8ZkRf9ua2khKgMY2cf6pmog&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi9q7SrpcXlAhXdIDQIHUF5A0MQ_B0wHXoECAkQAw#imgrc=8H0HtEQT04VhXM:

It is a great read, and complements the new Church videos about the Book of Mormon:

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/article/first-episode-book-of-mormon-videos-series

I identify pretty heavily with Lehi.  When we started to read the Book of Mormon in 2012, my two oldest were in a typical rebellious teen-age mode.  They were exerting their independence and challenging my authority and questioning some questionable calls I had made about our move to Kalispell (and eventual move to Canada).  In Kalispell, we lived in a recently renovated, three-level 4600 sq ft house with separate kitchen and living quarters on the walkout basement level, on 8.5 acres, complete with orchard, massive barn foundation (the 60x100 quonset had been removed prior to the bankruptcy), spring fed stream and amazing garden site.  Before the crash of 2008, it was tax assessed at nearly 1 million dollars.  My MIL cashed it out at $305K two weeks before it was to be sold at a bank auction, and we were supposed to pay her off at 5% simple interest.  I was done with banks and their shady practices....  A deal whose particulars kept changing over time - and a major part of the reason, we just cut our losses and walked away to start fresh in S. Alberta.  I now put EVERYTHING in writing.  No more moving targets and manipulation....  People get funny when it comes to money....  The love of it cankers....  Anyway - it was pretty freaking amazing from my perspective - and would have LOVED to live there as a kid.

Regardless of all the above, essentially, I was the crazy visionary man who had taken them from what was comfortable to them in the Everett area and they were out in the "wilderness" of western Montana.  Many people in Alberta questioned why we would move from Montana to rural Alberta (economically and socially speaking among many other things).  Canadians often look down on themselves and tend to think the way forward is to move to the States.  I happen to think not....  Other than the weather.....

I assured them that I had been directed to do so.  The impetous for doing so may have been mis-guided, or at least the timing of it may have seemed to be mis-guided.  I maintain that it will be proven that the timing was perfect for us.  At the time, I was preaching the future social deconstruction of America (BLM and so much else) along with eventual economic collapse and then outright civil war.  All which appear to be in the works, just as predicted.  This includes the timing of the separation of the wheat and tares within the Church.  All is on track - even though the timing is extended well beyond what I originally envisioned.  The calling of events is 100% on track - though I am at least 70% wrong on the guessing of the exact timing of those events.

Anyway, we developed into a sort of micro-cosm of Lehi's family, complete with Sam and Nephi and Laman and Lemuel.  Complaining Sarah and delusional old Lehi.  At one point, while working on a Sunday morning shift back in Seattle so I could have 5 straight days off to enjoy our little farm, I got off the phone with my family prior to them going to church and there was some event where things were in an uproar.  Quite frankly, I would have just called it and said forget it, skip church and let the crew molder for the day.  I would not have taken them to church when there was so much bickering and complaining about church.  I got off the phone and turned to my Jewish co-worker who had similar problems of his own with his teens and said "This family is going to be humbled.  Things are going to change".  I had no idea.

Apparently, about 15 mins later when my wife herded the kids into the car to go to church, down our long 1/8 mile driveway, two dogs passed them just trotting the opposite direction down our gravel track.  They ended up wiping out a lion's share of the flock of 30 chickens that we let free-range at the time, while the family was at church.  When the kids got home, it was a scene of carnage.  These dogs had been spotted all over Kalispell doing harm to small farm animals according to the Animal Control Officer that I called.  I gave Neal permission to shoot on sight if they ever came on our land again.  This was also the position of the authorities who had taken our complaint.

So we had our event - that really brought a renewed tone to the family (we recovered by getting 30 more chicks and armor plating our pasture with hog panels and chicken wire), but it never changed the dynamic or the seed of the dynamic that was planted that fall and it has led to much sorrow even to this day.   I have always held my ground in the face of pressure to change my value set - even though I have those around me drop like flies.  Over time, my position will be shown to be the correct one.  I just patiently slog on, and am there to help clean up the wreckage, just as Lehi had to do.  It was a life of sorrow for Lehi.  He passed through so much - but he left a fantastic legacy.  Truly an Adam or a Noah as the father of an entire race of people that still continue to this day and yet will shine.

Watching this video set, I find it informative on the human condition and think the acting is quite good.   I am particularly impressed with the job done by the actor who is just 18 years old who plays Nephi.  I think my daughters approve, too.  My daughters drag a guy like that home (looks and character), ima gonna be a happy dad....


No comments:

Post a Comment