THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

FIRE, PLAGUE AND PESTILENCE

A reader sent me a great piece about the temple that I am grinding my way through and will likely post after reading it.  The promises in this quote seem to fit Spencer’s narrative of what happens in Utah as it comes upon “my house first”.  I cannot help of think about the new BoM vids showing Lehi warning his constituents about the impending destruction that awaited Jerusalem and the reactions portrayed in the movie.  I have experienced the same thing when warning friend and family who dwell in Utah.  There are also many who are awakened to their awful situation who are fleeing:

A PROMISE AND A WARNING

The promises that go with the temple are a key to the real meaning of a holy building. These are the promises and warning of the Lord:
ìAnd inasmuch as my people build a house unto me in the name of the Lord, and DO NOT SUFFER ANY UNCLEAN THING to come into it, that it be not defiled, my glory shall rest upon it: yea and my presence shall be there, for I will come into it, and ALL THE PURE IN HEART that shall come into it shall see God. But if it be defiled I will not come into it, and my glory shall not be there; for I will not come unto unholy temples.î (D&C 97:15-17)
It was made clear that just as the day of Pentecost was an endowment of power, so was it understood that the temple would serve as a place for such a blessing in this dayto all who entered. But the blessing was conditional just as the promised Zion was conditional. Zion was to be the place for the pure in heart and then it would also be a place of peace and joy.
ìFor the indignation of the Lord is kindled against their abominations and all their wicked works. Nevertheless, Zion shall escape if she observe to do all things whatso- ever I shall have commanded her. But if she (Zion) observe not to do whatsoever I have commanded her, I will visit her according to all her works, and with sore afflic- tion, with pestilence, with plague, with sword, with vengeance, with devouring fire.
THE TEMPLE ENDOWMENT 10
 Nevertheless, let it be read this once to her ears, that I the Lord, have accepted of her offering; and if she sin no more none of these things shall come upon her; and I will bless her with blessings, and multiply a multiplicity of blessings upon her, and upon her generations forever and ever, saith the Lord your God.î (D&C 97:24-28)
Such instructions, the Saints were to discover, were not idle warnings. Jackson County, then Kirtland, and finally Far West all felt the devastation of ìsore affliction, with pestilence, with plague, with sword, with vengeance.î

2 comments:

  1. Could it be viewed that the 4 year closing of the SLC temple for construction, during which it will be "defiled", could be viewed as a testing period for the saints?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an aunt who is a SLC temple worker. We went there a few months back and she gave us a tour. On the lower level there was a locked door... she said "some bad things happened in that room so it is now locked" she didnt know details, but basically she said that room in SLC temple has been defiled. I wonder if the closing down and rededication has something to do with it in addition to earth quake proofing it.

    ReplyDelete