THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, January 11, 2018

JESUS CHRIST AS THE GENETICALLY PERFECT COPY OF THE FATHER

I am not a biologist - and I have no background other than a strong interest in this stuff from a doctrinal standpoint.  As usual, this piece will hit a few nerves - and I do not mean to do so (I am sensitive to victims of sexual abuse).  It merely is to point out facts and data - and strongly held personal opinions as I see them.

I was talking with our OA the other day, who is from England.  She is an identical twin and is part of a landmark study by Oxford, that deals with the "nature vs nurture" debate.  The study is tracking ways that environs, which differ between the two siblings, may affect their genetic make-up.  I told her of this story and that the research from Australia may show that she is more affected by DNA than she may realize (she currently has a boyfriend - and that now-a-days usually means she is sexually active when in the mid-20's, unless the person has a value set to govern that kind of thing.....),

She looked shocked when I implied what I was implying and said she could not believe it.  I firmly stated that, aside from what snopes and other politically-motivated outlets would have her believe, it was likely true.  I base part of my belief on what I have gleaned from scripture.

Here is what I know, and in talking to my wife about this subject, she encouraged me to lay it out there with enough information that I did not just give an opinion and sound like a kook out on a limb with some wild hair-brained theory:

http://time.com/3461485/how-previous-sexual-partners-affect-offspring/

I have always known that Mary, the mother of Jesus was sequestered in the equivalent of a convent to serve in the Temple in Jerusalem until she was ready to serve her role as the Mother of God.  In this setting, she would have been sheltered from sexual impurity and/or potential rape that would have rendered her "less than up to her role".  For rape victims, the forced act of something imposed upon them, does NOT make them impure - except for one technical exception here.  There are reasons that willful sexual impurity would not be desirable in the Mother of God (the Son).  I get that - but I have always had whisperings that there was more to the equation than just this fact alone.  Mary provided one half of the impulses (behavioral and physical tendencies that were manifest in the Son of God).  In order to perform His mission, these genetic predispositions needed to be of the highest order.  I believe she fit that bill.  I have no doubt that she was in order with Enoch/Abraham/Melchizedek/Abel/Joseph Smith.  On par with Eve and so many other great women of history.  When you need to make a "critical play", you bring out the best you have held in reserve from the spectrum of women who are available to be used on the stage of life.  Mary, no doubt, was among the best of the best.  Or, more simply put, the best of the best; most "blessed among women".

However the conception actually occurred, I will not get into that (my wife and I heartily disagree as to the specifics) - but an egg from Mary was fertilized by genetic material of The Father to start the physical process of the gestation of the Son, a natural process.  I feel that the entire process was likely natural in it's entirety - my wife, as a sexual abuse survivor, feels that this would be "dirty" and below someone like Mary.  With no proof on either side of that debate, it likely may remain shrouded in mystery and the mists of time, as likely the quite private, sacred and graphic details of the moments of conception of my five children will remain so, along with details of intimate moments at the veil of the Temple and other sublime experiences will, as well.  Some things simply are not meant for public consumption - even on the Wood Zone.....

Here is where the rubber meets the road of details.  In scripture (Matthew 1:24-25), Joseph (Jesus' Stepfather), is asked to not be with Mary (in a sexual manner) during her pregnancy,

20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
though I believe that Jewish law of the day would have allowed for it.  No physical consummation of that marriage until after the delivery and after her days of purification were over.  First of all - why was that detail even mentioned in scripture.  There is lots that could have been recorded that was much more significant - but this detail was kept in as part of the record.  Without modern prophylactic devices (not phylactery devices - to be sure....), there would have been a transmission of genetic material from the step-father and into the mother - and likely the baby.  Joseph has amazing lineage and was a good man, from every description of him that we have - but this was not good enough.  I believe everything about Jesus had to be SPOT ON.

I want to take a run down a bunny trail on a topic that is causing tens of thousands of people to go astray in the Church right now in our feigned Victorian and PC world (I say feigned - because most people who actually have an issue with this stuff are putting on fronts of indignation, while likely being "whores and jigalos" of Babylon themselves......  IE - they have secret unrepented sin - but are excusing it by pointing the finger at someone else to deflect possible attention away from their own poor behavior.  It is a principle, you know:

Anyway, people are really struggling with Joseph Smith having either more than one wife or can accept that - but struggle with him being married to another married woman.  First of all, if you struggle with that, you have ZERO concept of doctrinal history (Abraham, Jesus and all the other Greats who were commanded in this thing).  Secondly, you have NO concept of Consecration - the idea that we simply are stewards over those we have been given a portion to take care of in this life and even in the eternities.  Thirdly, you need to grow a pair and get a testimony of the Book of Mormon.  After this is all done, you will have no problem whatsoever.....

I will not go into Jesus having a minimum of three wives - which caused him MAJOR grief in this life, just as it did Joseph and others in this dispensation.  Victorianism in the 1800's is a cover and a sham for those who are deeply mired in dual lives and intrigue between the sheets (feigning purity, while being children of hell on the actual topics du jour).  I have read enough journals and accounts to know that stuff was going on back then, that would make people blush today.  Except, now it is openly accepted as normal - and back then, it was swept under the rug.  If you want to know more on Jesus' three wives, read the historical stuff in the blog.

As far as Consecration, I will tell you, that as any guy with normal testosterone levels, I used to be mildly jealous of other males (of interest to her) around her.  I think this is a normal telestial response of the natural man.  We sold our second house to a guy who was ripped.  I know the thing that attracted my wife to me is my brought shoulders and enough muscles to get the job done.  I have no problem with my wife having attraction to other males who are specimens, just as I do not expect her to be psycho jealous of me if I find another female to be beautiful in any way (form, mind, spirit, talents, etc).  However, I did have a twinge of jealousy of this Asian male who was ripped.  At that point, I had the typical desk jockey gut and was not in good shape.  He was.  This tendency to jealousy abruptly ended when we lost our kid and the concept that we simply are here to take care of one another dawned on me.  This further came to point when my wife ended up in the hospital after no sleep after losing our third child and trying to have two other "back-up" copies in quick succession.  Due to a series of cascading events, she was in counseling with a younger Bishop who listened to her on many topics related to these and other issues related to her sexual abuse, and she kind of bonded with him.  I really do not want to go into further details, other than to state that my wife is nearly as pure sexually as Mary herself - so you need not question her nor her motives, just that her state of mind was not what it could have been at the time.

At that point, probably the greatest life lesson I have come away with, was cemented in.  We simply are STEWARDS over those we are assigned to.  All contracts and obligations in this life that we enter into, are dependent upon our performance in keeping the commandments and covenants associated with the contract and obligation.  My child, that I felt (for a time), was wrenched out of my "control" was just a gift for the short 9 months we had him (in that go around).  My wife and remaining "gifts" are simply a fleeting - yet eternal - gift that I am to do my best by while I have that association.  In relation to polygamy or my relationship to my wife or any woman, I am simply to take the talent that I was given (yes, I only have one and may only have one through the eternities) and do the best by that "investment" that I was given.  If I prove a true and loyal servant of her, I may be given another talent at some point.  But NEVER would that gift ever be given to me unless I have done perfectly with the one that I have been blessed with.  To balance that equation, if Jesus, the ripped Asian or any other being could do better than I in my individual circumstances, then she has the option to "trade up", as well.  Marriage is a lot more fluid than we think - it simply is based on contractual obligations - and, as with anything else, we mostly breach contracts and agreements in this life.

So, do your absolute best in the Spirit of the Lord.  But, as Alabama said in one of their songs, do not hold too tightly.  There is no place for jealousy (as we know it in this telestial world), in God's economy.  It is about love and the right thing - not about "possession".  This is the key to terrestrial living - which is a springboard to Celestial living that we all seek in the presence of our Father.

Back to Joseph, I do not believe he ever sexually consummated his marriage to other women who were married (and, in many instances, those who were not).  There is NOTHING to back this up.  If I knew of something, I would put it on the blog.  It is about unrestrained honesty - as this article likely shows.....  I think the greatest harm done is when things are covered up because it might offend some snowflake who can't handle the truth.  When some hidden detail comes out, it appears as if the hider is a liar.  This is where many have had doubts - and then gone off the deep end of apostasy.

To be sealed to another married woman, I have ZERO problem with.  People simply need to get things figured out from the perspective that I have gained over time.

As it stands, if there is a better man to raise my children than I, I would rather see that, than have them raised by second best.  I also know it is hard for another man to love another's children.  It can be done - and is done all the time, but the person who best understands his kids is the one who sired them and gave them part of him.  As far as my wife in the eternities, or on this earth, I want her to be with whom she will be happiest and with whom she will gain her greatest potential.  I believe that happens to be me (we bumped into each other for a reason) - but if it is another, I love her enough that I would want her to be with that man.  To many, that will sound twisted and backward.  Go ahead and think that - and then let wisdom, time and perspective set in and you will see it God's way.

Do not fault Joseph for his actions.  You will find that you are on the wrong side of the fight.  He had/has Godly perspective.  If you struggle with anything - it likely is because you do not.  Pray about it.  Over time, your perspective will correct itself.

If you struggle with other married women being sealed to Joseph Smith during his lifetime, please consider that Mary was espoused to Joseph (considered married by Jewish Law) and it is entirely likely that she conceived Jesus in a normal and natural way - just as that life which was forming inside her, had to grow and then finally leave her body.  So, to boil it down for you, God saw fit to - by whatever form you want to imagine - cause a married woman to become pregnant with His child for His reasons and His reasons alone.  If you struggle with Joseph Smith doing what I believe he was commanded to do, precisely because he understands the true nature of eternal marriage and stewardship and he will have those women through the eternities because he has more fully kept his covenants in this life and achieved amazing and great stature in a short time of mortal probation - and because they NO DOUBT will want to be with him, hitched to his wagon over the other pitiful (compared) mortals.  If you struggle with all that - then you will SURELY struggle with the FACT that Jesus was conceived to an already married woman by one who has power to bring worlds into existence and who has unimaginable power and glory. 

Folks, it is not God, nor Jesus who has the problem - nor Joseph Smith - it is you and your pitiable and shrunken point of view and perspective.  You are likely spiritually anemic and need to hit the cosmic gym.....  In the end, it is survival of the spiritual fittest in this life.  If you fall short, then you will end up a loser to the true things that matter.  If you are angry with me for what I have said above, then you have no place in a terrestrial world.  I have only come to the conclusions I have above precisely because I want to at least have a taste of that diminutive glory that is just around the corner - let alone the indescribable glory of living with the Being who condescended to a mere mortal who was overshadowed by the Spirit to protect her from the glory of the Father of her Spirit, in order to make a Savior who was capable of rescuing the rest of us from our wretched and fall state.  One who had to be mortal - yet divine in nature in order to complete His mission.  Was there any other way?  Apparently not.  This was THE path.  It involved a few details that are hard for telestial mortals to comprehend.  We need to get over it.  Our views on marriage are distorted by the craftiness of men and the devil himself (who will never know any joy that comes from wholesome marriage and the resulting children).  Whether it be the gross distortion that males are not to marry, that it is a higher order to remain celibate (and then largely gay....), or the idea that one should zealously disregard the commands given to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - and the Savior - and Joseph, and throw the entire lot under the bus because we are likely doing acts in secret, while on the outside were whited sepulchres full of dead mens' bones.  Brigham Young and Jesus both ripped on the establishment of their days for being just that.  Both scourged for their beliefs and practices - until in both instances, those practices were extinguished by popular opinion and public outcry.

Folks, we live far below our privilege.  Those who choose to live in a Millennial Glory will choose the higher road - or at least not be hostile to the principles of Stewardship and Consecration.  There are two options.  We have the choice to go down one path, or the other at least in our thinking.

Read the Book of Mormon - get a testimony of it's truthfulness.  All else will fall into place.  It is so simple that it is almost stunningly painful.





1 comment: