THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, January 4, 2018

THE GIFT OF PROPHECY - SOME MISUNDERSTOOD NUANCES OF THE GIFT

I received a well-meaning and thoughtful comment on the blog this morning that I think merits a response.  This comment was in response to my thoughts on the passing of President Monson and who I had surmised would be the Prophet at the time of the Lord's coming (to Jerusalem).

Here is the comment:

Please take this constructive criticism - it's not personal. For years you have postulated about SC and timeline dates. All kinds of dreams and signs and voices. All have been wrong. You aren't going to get an answer to that question, at least not from God. Joel Skousen says people that want a spiritual manifestation sign badly enough will eventually get one, but from suspect sources. I have followed your blog for a long time and posted about this before. There are many awesome posts here, but all the ones about dates and timelines are wrong. How many times until you realize you're being influenced by the wrong source? I'm posting this because you deserve to know what it looks like from an outside observer. It's quite a disservice to yourself and true followers of Christ. -A friend

I clearly don't feel the comment was a personal attack.  Believe me when I say that I have a few detractors that go into attack mode.  Anyone who puts themselves out there will get that sort of thing....  I have a sibling who has strayed completely from the path - and who is highly critical of me.  Partly because this sibling does not understand prophecy in any form (is a detractor of Joseph Smith and would likely throw Jesus under the bus, etc, etc).

So, to clarify a few things I have touched on briefly in the past on other topics related to Personal Revelation or The Gift of Prophecy.

First of all, Prophecy is a "murky" thing.  Precisely because it is related to Personal and Moral Agency.  There are so many factors at play, that to make a solid call is nearly impossible.  It largely, is for this reason, that we are counseled to NOT share that kind of thing, including PBs.  I have contemporaries that I grew up with who were bitter because they did not have the success they expected or had been promised in their PBs.  I think this may have been part of the equation of the downfall of Tal Bachman.  Another story my Patriarch shared with me was the story of another musician that went to Juilliard  School of Music and then went on a mission in accord with his blessing.  He got back and things started to fall apart (the prophetic word was not being fulfilled).  He bitterly complained to the Patriarch and he went down the list on the blessing.  This RM had largely neglected several items relating to his faithfulness to the Gospel and that clause nullified the other statements of promise in the blessing.  All blessings (promises of future divine outpourings) are predicated upon performances and fulfilling of contracts.  If Joseph of Egypt had given into the wiles of Potiphar's wife, he simply would never had the attendant blessings that he later received as vice-roy of Egypt.  Likely not the double portion that his two sons received through his loins.

Many people would take one look at the Savior's life (the Jews, specifically along with the athiests and agnostics out there) and say that His life was full of failed prophecies.  What they lack is faith, intelligence and perspective.  To the average Jew in 34AD, the prophecy of "not one stone upon another" was laughable and deranged.  After all, the deranged person who said it was "strung up" and likely the reports of His rising three days later was a "last gasp attempt to keep their cultish religion alive".  Perspective is everything - as 69AD proved out.  Within that one generation - just as predicted.

Take the "If thou art 85 years old..." prophecy given to Joseph Smith.  This is analgous to my "President Monson alive at the second coming..." impression back in 1986.  It APPEARS that nothing happened in 1890 - and for sure, JS never made his 85th birthday in mortal flesh.  BUT, there was a freakishly anomalous thing at Walker Lake, NV amongst the native Americans there.  Representatives from ALL tribes were gathered there and a "Messiah figure" presented himself to them and gave them instructions.  Did a portion of the Second Coming occur in that year that Section 132 was thrown under the bus by the populace of the Church in general in order to gain popularity with the world?  I would give a 65-85% chance that this is correct.  I am still searching for the smoking gun that proves my theory correct.  We are a people much like those in Christ's day (not living the laws fully as we are instructed in the Temples - precisely because we have collectively fallen WELL below our privilege).  Heavens sakes, we still are under condemnation for not taking the Book of Mormon seriously.

As far as BHO being THE anti-Christ; it appears that, at the very least, he is an anti-Christ - while he is likely not THE a/C.  The predictions that I dug up about him ascending Temple Mount on March 22, 2013 is likely spot on.  I stand behind that.  Perspective will show that as correct.  It will take time.  Maybe until 20"69" AD - but perspective will bear that one out.  It will take time.

Well before the blog, I predicted the demise of myself in the middle of my 33rd year.  I told my wife to prepare for it.  I tell many people the story and then they comment - well, it sounds as if it was a failed "prophecy".  Indeed on the outside, it would appear so - until the rest of the story is told.  My wife apparently was allowed to choose that it not be me.  Maybe I was not in a good position to cross over (needed more time in the oven to repent, etc?) - though I was actually at a post-mission spiritual zenith at that juncture in my life.  My "post-event" analysis would lean towards the "agency" factor having changed that from a promise I received as a 21 year old near the end of my successful mission, to the Lord "tapping" my second son for the assignment on the other side.  Was that prophecy I received wrong?  Nope - it was modified by personal agency by a moral, faithful and good woman who could not see past losing a husband and being widowed with three kids (her mother was a widow with her as a baby, after her father died in Vietnam).  Failed prophecy?  Nope.  It turned out exactly as it was supposed to - just not quite as I expected it to.  Had I known about the Lord taking my son in my stead, I probably would have tried to move heaven and earth to stop the action - due to lack of perspective at the moment.  My perspective is now entirely Consecrated (not my will, but Thine be done).

Before Sept 11th, I knew that my employment with Boeing would be severely impinged by some act that would "humble this nation".  I did not know what it would be.  Had I tried to hazard a guess as to what it would be, my mind would never have gone to the random concept of ramming planes into buildings.  When I hazard a guess, it is almost 90% wrong.  A guess is just that.  Prophetic word is 100% on - based on how it is supposed to go/not as someone hopes it will go.

So, one more time, I will state here that my impressions are just that.  I give them anonymously as a form of online journal.  Any prophecies that I have had on a personal level are always subject to the "murky" world of agency of man and other factors.  Did part of the Second Coming occur while President Monson was still alive?  Possibly even while the President of the 12 was still alive as President Monson served as Prophet?  I know no more than a person in 34 AD would know if Christianity would somehow survive and morph into the modern LDS movement we have today.  Perspective and hind-sight is everything.  Clearly now - the answer is yes.  Back then?  Not so clear.  It would still have to pass under many bridges until that moving water clarified itself.

Here is a really interesting statement (quite bizarre that it shows up on my FB feed within a few hours of writing this article....she even mentioned the blogosphere in her comment) by the woman who is now the wife of the Prophet-expectant:

“So, now a question as I conclude: What if you learned that the Savior had already returned to this earth—that He, as part of His Second Coming, had already met with some of His true followers in several marvelous, large gatherings—gatherings about which the world, including CNN and the blogosphere, knew nothing. If you found out that the Savior was already on the earth, what would you desperately want to do today, and what would you be willing and ready to do tomorrow?” - Wendy Nelson

Be patient.  Wait for it.  Better yet, find out for yourself.  Time may tell that Boyd K Packer and Thomas S. Monson have laid eyes on Adam and the Savior in the same setting in western Missouri.   I cannot tell you that.  Possibly, due to the election of Trump, one of the three prophetic elements (of event/location/time of event) have been delayed.  No one person can know any more than two of the three factors without impinging on agency and literally shaking the eternities to the core.

In the event of losing my son, the day was nailed almost perfectly to the hour, the event was impinged slightly due to my wife's pleadings and the location of the event was not locked in (had I known, for example that on a specific day that my son would die while being a passenger in a car seat in a horrific car wreck - all I would have to do is stay home that day and avoid that predicted outcome).  There are several intriguing movies that deal with this topic (Premonition with Sandra Bullock and Lake House also with Sandra Bullock).  There is another one with Denzel Washington in New Orleans - but the name escapes me.  All deal with this topic thoughtfully and artfully.

Anyway, I seek no followers.  If you are hanging off my every word, please do not.  I do not want people running away from the Church because some blogger "led me down the primrose path".

Having said that, I feel that the next large event involving a temple in Jerusalem will likely happen within the seven years following this Jubilee year when the capitol was finally moved back to Jerusalem.  I expect seven years of judgment after this (ending in the 2033-2036 timeframe).

I also expect the NJ could take up to 200 years to come to fruition.  It could also happen in the next 20 years.  ALL of the above is conjecture - and I will push that agenda and conjecture as part of this blog.  When things come up that support it - I will continue to report it, no matter what benevolent friends may have to say.  All of it should be taken with a grain of salt - as with most anything else.

Things will happen when they happen.  Do not put your lives on hold, nor hold your collective breath.  I have bought four newish vehicles in the past year or so and am building a new house for my family and making plans for retirement in the next decade or two.  Life will go on - no matter the circumstances.



1 comment:

  1. In 2009 I received an impression that we would have an addition to our family. I believed we would receive a call from LDS Family Services stating that there was a baby for us to adopt. A miracle occurred and my wife had the first viable pregnancy she had had in the 14 years we had been married. The prophecy was correct but my interpretation was incorrect.

    ReplyDelete