THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, July 20, 2015

WE INTERRUPT YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING TO BRING YOU THE FOLLOWING NUGGET

You are being programmed during your stay on this prison planet:
  "John Reston: Television can control public opinion more effectively than armies of secret police, because television is entirely voluntary. The American government forces our children to attend school, but nobody forces them to watch T.V. Americans of all ages *submit* to television. Television is the American ideal. Persuasion without coercion. Nobody makes us watch. Who could have predicted that a *free* people would voluntarily spend one fifth of their lives sitting in front of a *box* with pictures? Fifteen years sitting in prison is punishment. But 15 years sitting in front of a television set is entertainment. And the average American now spends more than one and a half years of his life just watching television commercials. Fifty minutes, every day of his life, watching commercials. Now, that's power."

2 comments:

  1. My husband works in telecommunications and we get all the channels for free. Yet, we ALWAYS use a DVR and never just sit and watch live broadcasting as if there is nothing else to do or to watch... because we know there is. (If you can't learn that lesson from Netflix and YouTube, what planet do you live on?). We cancelled our Netflix subscription when things started getting to racey.

    We are also very judicious about exactly what we watch. For example, I was interested in the new TUT series on SciFi channel but I looked up the program description and when I read that, decided to squelch my interest in it, because learning more about King Tut wasn't worth the smut it was coming all wrapped up in. Could I watch it with my kids? No. Then good bye to that show. I believe in GIGO, and it's been as true with my kids as it has been with us adults. If you don't want garbage thoughts and behavior, then don't let it in in the first place (a HUGE idea which Boyd K Packer always taught).

    My last point: when you reach for the mouse or the remote control, ask yourself... Did I read my scriptures yet today? Have I done my home and visiting teaching this month? When was the last time I wrote in my journal, did some indexing or family history work? Is what I am about to watch enlightening, inspiring, uplifting and going to help me obtain the celestial glory I profess to desire above all things for myself and my family? I have asked myself this question of good vs better vs best, and found the strength to turn toward the better and best.

    https://youtu.be/68qhq-qtzAg

    ReplyDelete
  2. As stated before, I said goodbye to t.v. I woke up to the fact that we're all here trying to do ONE thing. Get back into the Garden of the Lord. To go home.

    Look around you. You're outside of THE Garden right now surrounded by the enemy. And, yes, we must work to survive. If I had my way, it would be on a farm living like Charles and Carolyn Ingalls from Little House on the Prairie.

    There can be holiness in everyday work if we allow God to be in our thoughts and hearts and prayers all the day long.

    It's called T.V. "PROGRAMMING" for a reason. I pointed out to my husband it's nothing more than a constant barrage of selling you something or filth. It's also called BREAD AND CIRCUS. Give the people food and entertainment and you can get them to do anything you want. Let's call Dominos and watch the Super Bowl!

    I gave up t.v. a long time ago. Life has changed dramatically for the better. It feels like I broke free of evil tentacles trying to distract me from getting back into The Garden of the Lord. Remember......He calls to us all the day long with an outstretched arm from there.

    ReplyDelete