THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, July 2, 2015

A SHORT-TERM GOOD-BYE

I will be going on a four week excursion with my family in order to take care of some dusty shoes I have noticed lately.  We will hopefully be able to visit most Church history sites as well as the greatest possible number of US History sites as we can.  This will include a visit to the whorehouse where I plan on working on the spit shine on my shoes....

I have seen too many insults to good principle to just sit idly by without casting some words that direction.  Last time I was there was in 1984 for Reagan's inaugural.  That was a great time of hope and change in our nation.  There was a sense of purpose and focus.  Now, I feel just despair for our once-great nation.

IF all goes well, I will get back to regular programming on the Wood Zone.  I will have wifi at times and will try and keep up with my usual news sources and update the blog - but it will be spotty.  I have said this before - but I feel we are on the brink of a cliff and the drop will be precipitous once over, if we have not gone over.

I work in aerospace and just found out that the EX/IM bank did not renew this year - which means that many of the orders that we had in the past will not come to fruition in the future due to a constricting of credit.  It appears that Greece is defaulting or will default on their loans - which most likely will drag the world into an economic cesspool which will most likely lead to riots and social breakdown.  If you do not have your food and water preps in place, I STRONGLY suggest you do so.  Time is beyond short right now.

I do NOT preach doom - but I do preach reality and doing things in a timely manner.  If you have a choice, get out of debt and stay there.  It is a safe place right now.  Follow the counsel of a modern Prophet (and at least a majority of the Brethren) in all that you do.  There is inner peace and safety of body and soul in this.  The world will mock it - but I tell you it is the only way to avoid the turbulence of life.

6 comments:

  1. Don't forget to visit some of the Book of Mormon sites in North America. They are super interesting and all over the place and most sites are state parks.There are lots of mounds in and around Nauvoo. Currently Wayne May is digging in the area across the river from Nauvoo which Joseph Smith called Zarahemla. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I perform in a couple of community summer bands, which play a lot of patriotic music. Tonight we accompanied a fantastic soloist who sang Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the U.S.A." Normally that song almost brings me to tears, but tonight it was depressing, like a prayer said in vain. The audience loved the song and gave a standing ovation, but my thoughts were that these people have no idea what they've lost and what's coming (I don't live anywhere near Utah or the Western U.S., so no awake Mormons.) Well, enjoy your trip across our once great nation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do live in Utah, and let me assure you that most Mormons are not awake. It doesn't surprise me at all that only 10% will heed the call to gather.

      Delete
  3. I will certainly miss your posts!
    I know what you are feeling. I am selling all of my worldly goods and applying them to prep.
    God bless you Iraq! And all those whom you love.
    The Holy Ghost's still small voice is screaming in my ears! I choose to heed his voice.
    Be safe, be well, be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your trip. Your posts will be missed. I am hanging on to my memories of my own trip back east much more these days, knowing likely I will never see them again and that I'll pass my experience on to my kids who will never get the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your trip is going well and we will miss you! Thanks for all your hard work here. I've lived out here in the West for decades and yes, we call them "Utah Mormons" for a reason and have for many years. Cookie cutter snobs from the youth on up in lots of wards. Rudest drivers EVER. College age guys/return missionaries who would rather snow board and play x-box with their buds, date as many girls as possible, but never commit and settle down. Our humble wards in a neighboring state could never fit in or understand their attitudes. They live right there with the prophet and the apostles and all those temples!

    Not all of them there fit this description but ALOT of them do. It's no wonder the Lord will sweep around His own front door first.

    I've come to realize America will never regain her glory and has served her purpose for the Almighty. Jesus Christ truly is the KING I'm waiting to bow before but oh what times are coming before that Day of Days.

    IRAQ it's people like you who still give us hope that we're truly not alone in being awake. My world has been shrinking for a long time. Thank you and with whatever time we have left to enjoy this site, your spirit has brought us strength and courage. God bless brother.

    ReplyDelete