THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, July 27, 2015

THE BLESSINGS OF KEEPING THE SABBATH DAY HOLY

This in from one of my favorite peeps whose husband (my Bishop at the time) helped get me on this crazy journey of discovery (he showed me the Sols Cuardisto vision about 16 years ago).  Now I live in Cardston.....  Nice, eh?

Anyway, I do not think she will mind me sharing:

The Church leaders have sent a training CD to stakes asking that the Saints be taught more about keeping the Sabbath day holy. The CD includes parts of talks on the subject given to the 70s after the last General Conference. My Relief Society president has had three training sessions so far. At ward council, an ongoing discussion is held to brainstorm ideas for implementing the training in our ward. We're about to take it to the ward members.
I started looking up the blessings of keeping the Sabbath day holy and found that they include having food to eat, clothes to wear, safety and protection from our enemies, rain in due season, etc.
Look what I found so far:
Chapter 26 

2 ¶Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the Lord.
 3 ¶If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them;
 4 Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.
 5 And your threshing shall reach unto the vintage, and the vintage shall reach unto the sowing time: and ye shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land safely.
 6 And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid: and I will rid evil beasts out of the land, neither shall the sword go through your land.
 7 And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword.
 8 And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.
 9 For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you.
 10 And ye shall eat old store, and bring forth the old because of the new.
 11 And I will set my tabernacle [temple] among you: and my soul shall not abhor you.
 12 And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.

Section 59

 15 And inasmuch as ye do these things with thanksgiving, with cheerful hearts and countenances, not with much laughter, for this is sin, but with a glad heart and a cheerful countenance—
 16 Verily I say, that inasmuch as ye do this, the fulness of the earth is yours, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and that which climbeth upon the trees and walketh upon the earth;
 17 Yea, and the herb, and the good things which come of the earth, whether for food or for raiment, or for houses, or for barns, or for orchards, or for gardens, or for vineyards;
 18 Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart;
 19 Yea, for food and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul.

Don't you think this can apply to preparedness? Isn't the Prophet trying to help us strengthen our families for the calamities which are coming?

2 comments:

  1. I've definitely felt something when it comes to this. Most of this training is found in Elder (Now President) Nelson's address in the last conference. It was the final talk. Thanks for posting the Leviticus stuff. Good points.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you for sharing. I definitely agree it feels like we're being prepared for things to come. "By small and simple things..."

    ReplyDelete