THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, October 23, 2014

SEALINGS VS MARRIAGES - THEY HAVE MADE US BEND

OVER.....

This is WAR!!

I have no problem with the person struggling with sin, addiction (sexual addiction in the case of most gay men/women) and a host of other maladies.  I am completely imperfect - and while I do not suffer from that brand of sin, I still have to go to the same source for forgiveness.

I just get hot under the collar with the activism that attempts to force their sick/twisted views on the rest of the world - and snuff out religious sensibilities that I happen to have.

I want to raise the remainder of my children in a sane world.....

Here is what got me spun up:

http://thisweekinmormons.com/2014/10/mormon-temple-wedding-changes-say-hello-rest-world-america/

5 comments:

  1. I've ruffled a few feathers by stating that as far as I'm concerned a civil marriage is merely a civil contract and has nothing to do with eternity. So, if people want to arrange their civil affairs to get to the highest sacrament of the faith great.
    A broader question would be "Why does the state want to regulate "marriage" when it has almost always been a religious ordinance?" Civil agreements or civil unions can be regulated by civil institutions. Marriage however is the purview of religious societies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife's entire family were not LDS, and our temple marriage did nothing but create enemies of the church who will never join, largely because of that policy. It's about time they change it. The church has always been diplomatically stubborn when it comes to the feelings of outsiders. It's good that the church holds the line on morals, but let's keep the babylon side of marriage out of the temple. If it happens, this policy will be a good one, and a long time coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its fantastic that when the world continues down a slippery slope, the Lord’s people continue to separate themselves from the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babylon is calling and we are running right to them, yes lets be like the rest of the world so we can fit in better and ignore the Lords way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Joseph Smiths time there was always a marriage ceremony with friends and family. Afterwards came the sealing.

    ReplyDelete