THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, October 26, 2014

LEHI AS A "DOOMSDAYER"

I read this on a FB LDS Preparedness Group site - and thought it was relevant:

This morning I started reading the Book of Mormon again. It's always such a cool feeling to connect Moroni and Nephi. From Moroni and his words about meeting us at the pleasing bar of God to Nephi being born of goodly parents. I thought that perhaps I had pondered so much that my main purpose in continuing reading was to bring the Spirit in my life on a daily basis, that perhaps I had learned the things I needed. But *boom* the Lord taught me something I hadn't noticed before. In 1 Nephi 1:4 it says that many prophets came and prophesied to repent or the great city Jerusalem would be destroyed. "Dooms-dayers!" That word came right to my mind. We have that in our day. The Lord sends "dooms-dayers" to prepare his children. The Gathering, the foreign troops, the earthquakes, the mobs that will make it too dangerous to travel, packing away food storage, water, warm clothing, etc. It was interesting to me that Lehi heard these prophesies and what did he do? He prayed to know what the Lord had for him to do. I looked at the definition of "prophet" in the Bible dictionary. It is a person who says "Thus sayeth the Lord". The NDE's and visions and dreams that people have experienced, they seem to say (many of them) that the Lord told them to tell. In essence this is "Thus sayeth the Lord". It is our responsibility to do as Lehi did and pray to the Lord what he would that we should do. Anyway, thought you would be interested in these thoughts.

I have been asked several times if I think I am a prophet - and the answer is a resounding yes!  I would that all had this gift and exercised it.  For it is the testimony of Jesus; and the gift whereby you can know the mind and will of the Lord when giving blessings, making family decisions and many other things in everyday life.  Anyone who calls themselves a "Prophet", other than the one who has the keys, is delusional and needs to repent.  

My favorite troll, Russ C. said that I need to leave this kind of thing (the blog) up to the folks in SLC, and I would do so, but I have heard scant little that rests my mind in regards to current events in the world.   The messages are always pointing to Christ and to follow His example - but provide little framework from which to guide me in the current social/political mess.  The gads have infested the entire world of nations and we are teetering on the brink of disaster, but I have not heard the (clarion) call against that stuff since the Benson days - and I am a little unnerved by it.  Thus, the need to look for others who can fill that void. 

My calling has been to serve by providing information of a worldly nature that would allow others to make decisions and be informed of the world around them - and not necessarily thru the propaganda organs of the MSM.  I have never trusted them since I was in my teens - and feel that the best way to awaken people is to provide useful news that can be used.  Joseph Smith said that we need to be acquainted with the things and workings of men so that we can navigate in a complex world.   Knowing in 1837 that MA was sending 5,000 families to MO to swing it to a pro-north stance and turn the social and political tides may have changed the outcome of how things went down in Jackson, etc.  The Missourians were EXTREMELY resentful of the presence of the conservative Church members who voted anti-slavery and pro-agency; and as a bloc.  If we have bad information, we make bad choices.  Period.  We live in a supposedly "free" society where the press is "independent".  I know better than that, so I dig to find the real truth.  This is my role.  I share what I find with others.

And, on that note, I just found yet one more random guy from Portugal who says that the Russians are going to nuke Brussels, Belgium (NATO HQ) sometime in the near future.  He is a dreamer that got some notoriety when he predicted the bombings of the Boston marathon.  He does have a track record.  I know this nuking will happen - just not sure when and how, exactly.  Time will tell.

5 comments:

  1. "Portugal who says that the Russians are going to nuke Brussels, Belgium (NATO HQ) sometime in the near future."

    Can you please provide a link or a reference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have had -how many- in your face General Authorities tell it like it is for decades, but alas, "all we like sheep, have gone astray..." The current voice of warning, keep all the commandments. Repent and get your lives together. warn your neighbor. the Lord is hastening his work; all these messages, if taken to heart and generate spiritual purity, will have the intended side benefit of a sense of urgency of preparation. Those who know the Master's voice will hear the message of Exodus; ¶And the Lord said unto Moses, Go unto the people, and sanctify them to day and to morrow, and let them wash their clothes,

    11 And be ready against the third day: for the third day the Lord will come down in the sight of all the people upon mount Sinai.
    How cool would that have been? What a different story could we have had?
    The Latter Day Saints who get it, who have sanctified themselves and have internalized Sheema will have their preps staged in the garage. Those who call themselves by his name but do not live by every word, well, they will have to be "reeducated" at FEMA camp.

    Side note- Brussels is also the location of the Mystery buyer of US debt from the Russians and Chinese. Convenient for all that nastiness to be vaporized along with NATO. Just Sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So when are you going to have another meeting in Cardston?

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, I agree with your statement regarding the General Authorities, "The messages are always pointing to Christ and to follow His example". That is exactly what the GA's should be doing. If members do not have faith in Jesus Christ and are not able to trust in the Lord, nothing else matters. Recently, the emphasis is on “Hastening the Work”. To me, it is obvious that there is little time left to rescue souls.

    I do believe that the GA’s (priesthood) know the “framework from which to guide me (us) in the current social/political mess.” There have been several hints. I remember during President Benson’s precedency (1987), the LDS church issued brochure for church members on the constitution. I remember during Hinckley’s’ precedency (1995), the LDS issued the Proclamation on the Family. Who else would have known that the constitution and family would be so strongly attacked?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you need a whack on the head, here is a dose of Elder McConkie. He does not leave much to the imagination. Warning- if you are not willing to follow Apostolic instruction, do yourself a favor and don't watch this. Your will be held accountable for having been told the truth.
      https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1979/04/stand-independent-above-all-other-creatures?lang=eng

      Delete