THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

CAPITAL P VS LOWER CASE p

I have been getting a lot of commentary from Russ Cutler (my favorite soft, fuzzy troll), most of which I delete.  I can tell it is him because he posts the comments on his first break of the workday - around 10:30am.  I am flattered that he comes to the site - but I have only gone to Denver's site a few times in the past year, precisely because I feel he has departed from what I view to be a safe gospel place in criticizing BY and other modern prophets.  If I do not like something, I do not hang around and harrass.  If it reaches a point, I begin to suspect mental illness of some form, mild or otherwise.  I call it the stalker mentality.

He is a real bulldog at someone who is not a "Brethren worshipper".  I tend to lean more towards a "Snufferistic" attitude, in that I go thru Christ for my salvation - and follow the Brethren when they point me to Christ; which is virtually all the time.  I refuse to rely on the arm of flesh.  If I had been a Lee-erite or a Dunn-erite from past decades or a Judas Is scary-ite from past centuries, I could have fallen as they were human and stumbled.  I am quite certain Joseph Smith was not talking through his teeth when he put out the warning that when the great division comes, we will be safe with the Prophet and a "majority" of the Brethren.  As with Spencer or Julie Rowe or another who puts themselves out there, I would be horrified if anyone hitched their wagon to mine.  I can tell you I am human and have only a 70% success rate of getting it right (timing is where I struggle - with the sequence being next).  The events will be 100% on because they come from quotes from the majors.....


Anyway, If a majority of the talks focus on witty humor and do not focus on the commandments and those who issued them, I become disengaged.  I feel unfed after a Sacrament Meeting if I do not hear words that affirm testimony of the Savior and His mission - to do the will of the Father in bringing about the "immortality and eternal life of man".  When we preach of Christ, rejoice in Christ and point to Him as the means and way to our salvation, we have the Spirit bear witness and we are filled and satisfied.  In those weeks when I am traveling or otherwise unable to commune with the Saints of God and partake of that spiritual feast, I feel an empty void.  Thus the commandment to partake of the sacrament frequently.

Here is a "non-Russitic" comment that I think was spot-on:

“...and in that same year there came many prophets, prophesying unto the people that they must repent, or the great city Jerusalem must be destroyed.” — 1 Nephi 1:4 Note that it says “many” prophets, and not just one. I think many people are "waking up," and by sharing God's voice of warning with others, we are essentially acting as prophets, and the Spirit has the power to move people to act. All of the NDE books have motivated me to be more spiritual, have more faith, and to prepare my family and myself both spiritually and temporally. Our eyes are being opened to the reality of the eroding world in which we live and we are warning their loved ones and all who will listen. Anything that perpetuates the counsel of our prophets is something worth giving our attention to. I think people can be too close-minded when it comes to sources of truth.


2 comments:

  1. What is interesting about this post is that Moroni, chapter 7, instructs us how to determine whether something comes from God.

    Take heed…that ye do not judge that which is evil to be of God, or that which is good and of God to be of the devil.

    For behold, my brethren, it is given unto you to judge, that ye may know good from evil; and the way to judge is as plain, that ye may know with a perfect knowledge, as the daylight is from the dark night.

    “…for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.

    This is my favorite blog because it invites me to believe in Christ. I read NDE books because they invite me to have faith in and come to Christ. I read things, such as The Harbinger and watch videos from non LDS, such as “Daniel’s Timeline,” that invite me to come to Christ.

    Rather than wanting to limit the revealed word of God, I want to feast on “…every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4). I believe Moroni wrote what he did to encourage us not to limit ourselves. Although God reveals his secrets to the Prophets (Amos 3:7), all of us, whether members of the church or not, are capable of and do receive revelation when we are worthy. Speaking for myself, I know my interpretation of my personal revelation has not always been correct but the revelation itself is always 100% when it comes from God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are such bigger fish to fry. If one has issues with this website and what you post they need to do a little more research and go to battle with the foe's not friends of the church. One could start with Denver Snuffer if they so desired but I think Denver has just assisted in the cleansing of the church sadly.

    I look for things that point me to Christ and I understand when reading this blog you are in essence just doing your best to keep us informed of the happening in the world which I appreciate. I don't look at all posts as doctrine but if I can gain any insight I appreciate it.

    I do believe we can be prophets unto ourselves and those who we have the right to direct in callings, home etc. We also have been commissioned to warn our neighbor and although I don't think that makes us a prophet when we warn I do think it makes us a faithful latter day saint and follower of Christ.

    Thank you for doing all this work!

    ReplyDelete