THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

THE CASCADIA SUBDUCTION ZONE

I am really putting myself out there by letting a few co-workers and people at church know where I am at right now with this whole Elenin thing. I am sure I am already labeled a kook - so bring on the derision..... It wouldn't be the first time that label has been applied - nor the first time I have been completely right down to the letter. You just have to have confidence and drive on. I had to do it in high school while my friends were getting perpetually drunk and engaging in immoral behavior while deriding my silently chosen course of action to maintain values and grades, etc. The most poignant one was when one of my detractors came up to me at graduation (drunk, of course) after I had been honored as the valedictorian and told me he wished he had taken the hard road I had taken and used his time better. All you can do is pity people.... truly sad, but everyone has their moral agency.

Anyway, there is one co-worker who is thoughtful and gentle-natured, who, other than a little bad language, I have always thought would make a great bishop. He has raised his kids every bit as good as I would like to raise mine - all without the aid of religious dogma (his parents are raging athiests and former hippies who hate the God-given principles this country was founded on and all that is good and right and who will be swept). I was delighted to learn that this co-worker's oldest son has been spontaneously attracted to beautiful, clean ladies at the local LDS singles wards in Bremerton and is investigating the gospel because of their good example. He mentioned that to me and I shared my concerns about all this with him. They are fliers and I mentioned that the Cessna may be the best or only way to navigate what is coming when the roads are broken up - as long as there is av fuel and some runways are intact. After I gave him the spiel and we talked about the volcanic after-effects, he got pretty freaked out and said that he has a recurring dream where he is trapped in his (collapsed?) house in the crawlspace with his family and they are choking on the ash and asphyxiating over the poisonous gas. I didn't want to sound like the millennial dooms-dayer that I really am.... but I passed on the information to him in the hopes it might help save a guy and his family who already have planted the seeds of greatness in themselves and may not even know it yet.

So with that introduction, here is a great link for some info on the Cascadia subduction zone (click link). This thing could let a real ripper loose....

Remember, the first one that occurs on the next Elenin alignment will trash the PNW (M12.5) which will have an effect of a survivable one in Utah on the Wasatch front due to the raw energy that is transmitted from the big one on Cascadia (this will be similar to the effect that the New Madrid EQs of 1811/1812 (click link) had on ringing church bells 1200 miles away on the east coast - alot of energy transmitted). That M5.5 to M7.0 event will be a warning to Utah that the BIG ONE is imminent in three short weeks. That one will be as deadly to the people of Utah as the Cascadia EQ will be to the people people of the PNW. So, it will be a merciful situation for the people of Utah who get the information and heed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment