THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

ANOTHER INTERESTING TIDBIT - MASSIVE TSUNAMI WEST COAST

I just got off the phone with my SIL from the midwest area who is a great woman on par with my good wife. We would like them to join us in the hills on our insane little exercise of self-preservation. I don't know if she realizes it - but there will (at some point) be as much devastation there as there will be here. It may be of a little different form, but utter chaos and devastation nevertheless. They will need to evacuate soon enough. Each couple has to come to that conclusion for themselves and act accordingly. That inspiration is the divine "filter" that God uses in the separation of the righteous and the wicked. Those that are able to heed the still small voice due to their spiritual proclivities automatically select themselves for continuance. The equation is simple - the effects of decisions total.

My wife struggles with how/why God would allow so many innocents to perish (kids, etc) and I just refer her to what happened during the flood. It was better that God hit the reset button and allow the succeeding generations of innocents to have a fair shake than to continue to allow his sweet ones to go to perverse homes where, due to surroundings and environment, their innocence would be sacrificed to the hellish whims of how their parents chose to live their lives. Sometimes, when we are lowered into the abyss and due to the ever so slight gradiations, cannot sense our impending danger, we become victims ourselves. Thus the analogy to those who have fallen into a deep sleep - it is intoxicating.

So, back on topic. My sister-in-law was telling my wife and I last night that as a 15 year old (living in the Portland area), she had a very vivid dream of a massive wave topping the coastal range and sloshing into the Willamette valley. That is a massive wave in order to get over those hills. She, for months, has been worried about her family here on the west coast. I now am just as incrementally concerned just a little bit more when that sounds in. My Catholic friend who had the incredible three nephites healing and conversion to God said it would make it as far inland as Eastern Washington and slosh around in that basin. My MIL had a similar dream where she was barely above the level where she was affected - I do not think that something under 2500' would be enough.

One more little piece of data with interesting implications. I think this M12.5 may come about, just as predicted.

3 comments:

  1. I have a question about the M12.5. Are you saying there will be a magnitude 12.5 earthquake? I work in geology and the scale only goes to 10. If you want the science to be accurate you probably don't want to say 12.5 because although that sounds so much worse than 10.0 it will not be scientifically sound, and won't be taken as seriously. I appreciate your blog and have taken my preparations to a new level. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mitchowl, thanks for the input on the M12.5 I think you may have missed the point - when I say this one will be off the charts - that is just it. There will need to be a re-definition of the existing scale to accommodate the new data this thing will provide. I just hope the scale of it is accurately measured and that our instrumentation is not biased to a max M10.0 event (ie, we don't peg all meters and then are left wondering what it actually measured and have to arrive there by interpolation....).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I missed the point. I'm just worried that those of a more scientific bent will miss your message because of this overstatement of the scale. I work with 9 geologists and when they hear someone talk about an event that is greater than the current seismic scale they sort of "turn off" taking the source seriously. I just don't want anyone to dismiss your message because of this.

    ReplyDelete