THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

THE COLISEUM IN ROME BUILT FROM THE TREASURES OF HEROD'S TEMPLE

Anyone who knows me knows that I despise sports.  Not that I did not embibe a little when I was a kid.  I think they are great for exercise and building skills and young bodies and minds.

BUT - we have taken it to an art-form in these last days and it has become our idol; a big dumb, senseless, time-sapping idol.  We now worship it in place of Sabbath.  I have a family member who had a good marriage, but it kind of fell apart due partly to sports.  I noticed on FB that this family was foregoing church to go to Sunday sports engagements.  It seemed to increase until I found out that the marriage had fallen apart.  Not saying there was a direct cause - but the two seemed to correlate.  I was profoundly saddened by it.

And the flip side, is the despising of the root cause of much woe in the world today.  I never participate in sports convos at work.  I just state that I am not into it and walk away.  That is not cool in Canada where hockey is king.  It is an obsession.  I just cannot help but think about how idolized these sports celebs are - and how little people know about the life and works of Jesus.  Usually, the two are inversely proportioned.  The thing that we spend the most time and mental exertion on, is our idol (it could be a house, car, career/job or any other thing that we deem important).

We will get what we deserve:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhB7q0hpfjM

Gotta love Jonathan Cahn!

No comments:

Post a Comment