THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, February 4, 2019

THE ERROR OF MY WAYS - IMPINGING AGENCY

So, last week, I was lamenting that I do not have all power in the which, as some with a fullness of the Priesthood, are allowed to alter the elements, call down drought, etc.  And, I do not doubt that this is a righteous desire.  Nephi in the BoM exercised this power, to the convincing of the people of the error of their ways.  He asked for it, he got it, they had the hurt put to them, just as he asked and the people actually repented (though, how deep is a compelled repentance, vs a deep and abiding sorrow for sin that brings about true and heartfelt repentance??) for a time....

As I was driving the end of last week, I had a chance to review why God does not simply consume these satanic buffoons when they have clearly ripened?

And then I see this:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virginia-lt-gov-fairfax-denies-sexual-assault-allegation-amid-political-storm

And I have to wonder if there is a higher way.

BUT - I have to say that my desires impinge just a little on agency.  If there were a direct cause and effect for every heinous act, we simply would cower as a dog does that has the shock collar for his barking problem.  Just as the dog would obey out of fear of direct consequence, so would we cower and fear if we dared to step out of the way.  We would not learn to obey out of respect for God and His ways - but out of fear.  I despise the word "fear" when used in the OT.  I think the translation has to be off and it should be "respect" or "healthy respect".  I know that God is a God of order and of love - not of confusion or of fear.  Because of this love for me, I use my agency and deep desire to please Him out of the respect I have for Him and His laws.  I realize that I am nothing without His love for me, manifest through His Son.

So, my desire to have that kind of power is probably a little off base.  I know I would likely abuse it out of my desire to make the world the perfect place.  After all, was this not satan's plan?  Not ONE shall be lost.  You would have to do some arm twisting to bring that about.....

No comments:

Post a Comment