THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, February 7, 2019

SUDDEN CHANGE IN TEMPLE VIDS MAY HAVE HAD MORE TO IT

When the films were suddenly pulled, I remembered a similar scenario when the married Spence Kinnard (who was married and 50) had an affair with a married gal in her early 20's....  Nothing like getting back the youth with a younger model....  Could have gone for the convertible T-bird or something less messy....

As it was, there was a flurry of activity in the broadcasting world where they re-dubbed and re-worked stuff that was slated for release.  People love it when the Church (whose standards they cannot uphold, etc) gets any egg on it's face.  People who should, instead, spend that energy on overcoming the crap they are mired in, but not ad mired for....

But the Church did not want the screaming lefties to mar the temple experience, so they pulled the film Spence was voice in.  Early 90's timeframe.  I remember my cynical and hilarious brother calling him Spence Kin Nards for the trouble he caused.  And quite possibly linked to hyper-gonadism, to be sure....  He had gone nearly completely bald by then, so it is likely actually related.

When the films were pulled at the end of the year, this was one of my theories - but I had not seen any scuttlebutt and I could not even imagine who I could to as a possible cause, if my theory was correct.

So, I saw this article several days ago where the director of all three temple films turns out to be a closet gay, child molester and serial adulterer:

https://truthandtransparency.org/news/2019/2/4/director-of-mormon-temple-videos-and-sundance-festival-co-founder-admits-to-child-molestation-in-early-90s

Immediately, the light went on.  I remembered to discuss this with the wife after the Tuesday night session in the temple.

And now, besides the fact that changes were in the works, this may explain why the outlay for three very nicely done vids - and the sudden pulling of them from the line-up instead of working in a few extra scenes and a little cutting and splicing here and there.

So yep....

2 comments:

  1. I do NOT think that the videos were "dumbed down" as we are less worthy. I find new enlightenment! LISTEN! Like our study program at home to strengthen families for times ahead....I see a renewed HASTENING in the URGENCY to do the work for our dead. Shorter temple time allows MORE work to be done! I am staying longer and accomplishing more!! This points to the shortness of the time until Christ comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sorry but you didn’t know the original temple endowment well enough. The higher laws and aspects were removed to be replaced telestial laws and telestial geared information. Wood is correct: the temple endowment has been “demoted” because the membership as a whole couldn’t live the higher laws. This happens every time the people as a whole can’t live up to the higher laws. It is done in attempt to prevent condemnation of the Lord’s people as it was done when Moses came off the mount. The people couldn’t handle the higher laws and the higher priesthood, so the Lord takes them away leaving the lesser laws and priesthood that the people are more likely to keep.

      Delete