THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, April 30, 2018

THE COMING OF THE SAVIOR TO AOA - RE-VISITED

I received some great comments (probably a little worried for my state of mind... lol) from some readers:
  1. What about what Bruce R McConkie said about this meeting?

    https://scottwoodward.org/Talks/html/McConkie,%20Bruce%20R/McConkieBR_HeComethToAdam-Ondi-Ahman.html

    "Before the Lord Jesus descends openly and publicly in the clouds of glory, attended by all the hosts of heaven; before the great and dreadful day of the Lord sends terror and destruction from one end of the earth to the other; before he stands on Mount Zion, or sets his feet on Olivet, or utters his voice from an American Zion or a Jewish Jerusalem; before all flesh shall see him together; before any of his appearances, which taken together comprise the second coming of the Son of God-before all these, there is to be a secret appearance to selected members of his Church. He will come in private to his prophet and to the apostles then living. Those who have held keys and powers and authorities in all ages from Adam to the present will also be present. And further, all the faithful members of the Church then living and all the faithful saints of all the ages past will be present. It will be the greatest congregation of faithful saints ever assembled on planet earth. It will be a sacrament meeting. It will be a day of judgment for the faithful of all the ages. And it will take place in Daviess County, Missouri, at a place called Adam-ondi-Ahman."
  2. Either you or I do not comprehend the full import of Adam Ondi Ahman. Are you suggesting that we are now within the half hour of sealed heavens?
  3. To answer the half hour question.  Yes, we are - and have been since the dedication of the Palmyra, NY temple in 2000 when President Hinckley mentioned it.
  4. As far as speculation on the whole AOA thing, I have arrived at this by revelation, by deduction and by pinging it off people that I trust who are of the same mind set.  I met a gal last night from our Cardston meet-up group who again feels that this is entirely plausible, as well.  She is very matter-of-fact in her belief and she is not a "wild-eyed, hand-wringer" type of person.  She is just calm and pretty sure of herself.  Her feelings are the same as mine.
As I was pondering on whether I was justified in my theory - and thinking on the events that have transpired and the knowledge I have come across recently, another detail came into my mind that kind of seals the deal on it being in the past year and a half.  The Rabbi Ben Samuel prophecy that said that 2017 is a Jubilee year.  It kind of hit me like a ton of bricks.  I was so focused on the Savior coming to Jerusalem and looking that direction (because the rest of the Ben Samuel prophecies HAD to do with Jerusalem), that the 2017 prophecy was likely being fulfilled right under my nose in AOA.

So now, if that is the case, likely most of the 70's would have been there and I am focusing on what their words are.  Are their teachings more inspired?  Do they have His goodness written in their countenances.  I would say yes.  We just had a Stake Conference with the visiting GA being Elder Carpenter.  I have never had such good counsel given by someone at his level.  It was more like listening to one of the 12.  I was filled with the Spirit.

Here is a reference to what Sister Wendy Nelson said in the 49th year:

At the Feb 2016 YA Fireside/Devotional, Pres & Sister Nelson spoke. Near the end of her talk, she asked: paraphrasing: "How would you feel/ What would you do differently if you knew that the Savior had already appeared in several very important meetings with the leaders of the church in preparation for the winding up scenes before his Second Coming.... "because CNN won't be reporting on it". (end quote)

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a source for your comment about President Hinckley mentioning the half hour in the Palmyra Dedicatory prayer? I just read it, on lds.org, but perhaps I don't have eyes to see.

    ReplyDelete