It makes you wonder if Elder Holland will be one of the 2 prophets in the winding up scene in Jerusalem.
I would say that, if it were either or both of them, they likely would not know. I have done several blog pieces on who it might be. I can see Elder Holland as the man, since he did start the Jerusalem Center for BYU and has been key in several prominent events over there. Truly, only the Lord really knows. Just the very revelation of something like that would likely cause the a change in the future outcome. Remember the Heisenberg principle - once you lock in one of the three factors in prophecy (event/person, place and time), it can alter (if even perceptibly) the outcome of the other two factors, when agency is at play.
Here is some of what I know from the beginning of my even caring about the topic to now:
- They will likely have an assignment in the area. I just looked up who is over the area for 2017 and it is not either of them. Two fellows from the Seventy who fulfill their assignment to the Jewish/Muslim areas out of an office in SLC. Here is the link: https://www.lds.org/church/news/church-announces-2017-area-leadership-assignments?lang=eng
- It is likely that they would have to have the higher Priesthood - and be powerful in the exercise of it. I have heard of little anecdotal evidence that Holland has commanded the elements, etc. If he were to do it, he would not reveal it (in a bragging/boasting manner) - as the gift might be taken away, if done so.
- I have always known (correct, or not), that these two will stay the armies for several years - and then the armies will bust out of the North and sack Jerusalem, killing these two witnesses and then slaying 2/3rds of the inhabitants of the city. Right now, we have a majority of the world's armies within a few hundred miles of Israel/Jerusalem. Damascus has become - or is quickly in the process of becoming - a ruinous heap. When it does, Ephraim shall lose her fortress (America/Canada) will come under successful attack from her enemies). I have always believed (since about 2010) that once America is out of the way, that will embolden Israel's enemies and they will descend on it. It has confused me because I have fantasized about Trump (America) helping Israel to build the third temple as a modern Cyrus. Those two events seem mutually exclusive. It is likely a requirement that they be in the area to stay these armies - though it could be done from a distance. Location is everything. Why would Orson Hyde have to travel to the Holy Land in 1844 in order to complete that dedication, if he could have done it from the safety and comfort of Nauvoo?? Being on location is everything.
- I specifically read in an Ensign article in about 1981 that the two prophets were alive in the world and exercising their Priesthood. I seem to have gotten the impression that it was their Aaronic Priesthood. This would have made them about my age - and this is why I was so deeply curious about that statement - because it meant that I would likely be alive during that event.... Elder Holland is 77 which puts him about 30 years older than myself. If I did not read that right, Elder Holland could still be the man. I am curious in the same vein, as to who the second man would be...
- People have speculated that they would be Jewish prophets. I pretty much am sure they would not be. No formal authority.
- In reality - it does not matter - unless you are watching and waiting and want to know. I have followed all the commandments (food storage, etc) - but knowing allows me to make precise and directed decisions for the near-term.
- And you know, that as the purveyor of gossip on this sleazy end-times rag, if I knew something, I would want to tell it to the world..... :)
I know some absolutely amazing people who are ready. Locked and loaded spiritually and physically. You can only leave a bow strung for so long before it loses it's elasticity.....
Even Mr. Wood Zone gets weary at times - but I never give up!