THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Saturday, April 7, 2018

AND A LITTLE MORE HUMOR TO TICKLE THE FUNNY BONE...

So, my wife and I were in the lobby of the temple last night and this lady walks up to me and asks me who the richest man on earth is.  Given the situation, I am trying to be coy, quick and religiously correct.  I start thinking of how to incorporate the answer of "Jesus" into my response - to no avail.  Then I start thinking on Bill Gates, JP Morgan and am striking out.

Then she says Noah was.  I was puzzled.....

"Noah was the richest man on the earth.  Because he put all his stock in the ark while everyone else was liquidating....."

The answer was so off the wall and so clever, I erupted with a REALLY loud guffaw and snort right there in the lobby.

It set the tone for the rest of the evening..... which included not being able to close the upper clasps on my temple pants due to too much Thai food and drinking about a gallon of water during the day.  I had to leave my locker to go to the men's room to try and de-water enough to get the job done.  As I was walking in, I met a man named Grant and we proceeded to have a conversation while he was clearly trying to fight his severe case of IBS on the loo and I trying to get my bladder shrunken enough to be able latch that clasp closed.  My pants have three - and I was not trying to be an overachiever and do all three, I was two inches shy of just having one take hold.  Finally, Grant exits the gas chamber he was in and I almost had to resort to asking him to help cinch those pants up.

It must have been the potential embarrassment of having to ask for help, but I managed to make just one clasp closed and I was off to the chapel only to see Grant sit in front of me to play the organ.  It was one of those electronic ones, not the ones that require air to operate.  Because I am pretty sure if it had been, Grant could have come up with enough to play the Fogue in D minor..... as well as an encore....

What an evening.....

1 comment:

  1. Aaawwwww, the creation of memories. Loved the Noah joke!

    ReplyDelete