THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, March 27, 2017

THE HISTORY OF THE TANNER FAMILY

This is from an Ensign article from 1979 where they actually used the term "sister wives" when talking about the polygamous relationships that several of the Tanners were involved in:

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1979/03/the-john-tanner-family?lang=eng

I was excited to find references to Annie Tanner and Oberlin C Tanner.  When I was interviewing at the OC Tanner Co in SLC, I remember taking a tour of the production floor on the second formal interview (I was a finalist with one other candidate for a Process Engineer position) and we were taken to the formal dining room.  I remember it was circular and had a retractable roof.  On the grounds, there were many fountains - something that OC Tanner enjoyed providing for people.  He really took care of his employees - and that was probably one reason his company is still around after all these years.

They took over the Hansen Planetarium and have retrofitted it for their Flagship store in downtown SLC.  If I remember right, my wife and I went on a mega-date to the planetarium and we first held hands in the back of the car on the way back home to BYU.

No comments:

Post a Comment