THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

YOUR CALLING ELECTION MADE SURE - BY MARION G ROMNEY

I basically gave the following quote in a Baptism talk for my sister's daughter and most people just gave me a blank stare:



"After a person has faith in Christ, repents of

his sins, and is baptized for the remission of his sins and receives the Holy Ghost, (by the laying on of

hands), which is the first Comforter, then let him continue to humble himself before God, hungering and

thirsting after righteousness, and living by every word of God, and the Lord will soon say unto him, Son,

thou shalt be exalted. When the Lord has thoroughly proved him, and finds that the man is determined to

serve Him at all hazards, then the man will find his calling and his election made sure, then it will be his
privilege to receive the other Comforter, which the Lord hath promised the Saints, as is recorded in the
 



 
testimony of St. John, in the 14th chapter, . . ." (Ibid., 3, 380.)

The problem is that the laziness of the people is such that they barely have the desire to go to church on Sundays, let alone strive for the companionship of the First Comforter - let alone to have anything to do with the Second Comforter!

This is why a general purge and so much else is coming.

Here is the full talk by LeGrand Richards:

http://www.legrandlbaker.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Romney-Marion-G.-calling-and-election-made-sure.pdf

And oh, to be alive when this stuff was talked about more generally in the Church.

This is what keeps me plugging along most days:

As Moroni labored in solitude, abridging the Jaredite record, he received from the Lord this

comforting assurance: ". . . thou hast been faithful; wherefore, thy garments shall be made clean. And

because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong, even unto the sitting down in the place

which I have prepared in the mansions of my Father." (Ether 12:37.)

Paul in his second epistle to Timothy wrote: ". . .1 am now ready to be offered, and the time of

my departure is at hand.

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

"Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge,

shall give me at that day: . ." (2 Tim. 4:7-8.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment