THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

WALKING TO SIFT

There is a reason we still do trek - other than to honor those who went before by more fully appreciating what they went through.

It is part of the refining/sifting process ("I will sift you as wheat" [getting rid of the chaff - and leaving the tares in the field to be burned]).  Here is a great quote to back this up:

One of the quotations I hear frequently repeated is part of a sermon by Joseph F. Smith in 1882: “When God leads the people back to Jackson County, how will he do it? Let me picture to you how some of us may be gathered and led to Jackson County. I think I see two or three hundred thousand people wending their way across the great plain enduring the nameless hardships of the journey, herding and guarding their cattle by day and by night. … This is one way to look at it. It is certainly a practical view. Some might ask, what will become of the railroads? I fear that the sifting process would be insufficient were we to travel by railroads.” (Journal of Discourses, 24:156–57.)

Have good hiking shoes that are broken in (or lots of blistex and mole skin.....).

3 comments:

  1. Our family is leaving mid October for a two week trip back east to see the Church History sites. I have every intention of coming back home to life as usual, but I have wondered about the timing. It's something we have wanted to do for several years, but late last year my wife felt strongly about going this fall. So, who knows...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me thinks, along with your good wife, that many of us feel a change in the air that I can only describe as an electrifying heightened awareness that whispers from the far end of Heaven, "REPENT, WASH YOU CLEAN!prepare yourselves with every needful thing, sound the shofar, warn others and wait for Me My faithful bride, for I AM coming back for you soon!"

      Delete