He is from Palestine - the occupied area of Israel and his ancestral lands were taken by Israel for kibbutz. His family was not compensated or well-compensated for what was taken. I have no answer for that - other than it will take time to sort it all out. The same thing for Cardston being built on Native Reserve land. Here is a picture of Old Chief (their sacred mountain just south of Cardston; to the left of the cute girl in the picture). The same mountain that occurs twice in the murals of the Cardston Temple that will crumble after a large EQ according to the native prophets and Edward J Wood who had the gift of prophecy in spades:
I think that Jesus' coming will heal the rift between the Jews and the Muslims - the porridge issue will become moot. I told Adnan about Rabbi ben Samuel's prophecy - and he was totally surprised about the accuracy of the events of the Jubilee years. We both agree we are close - the Muslims have a prophecy about destruction in Syrias.
We shared our common beliefs and then agreed we had talked way too long and needed to get back to it. I think he is profoundly lonely for someone who has similar world views. Even his family makes fun of him for having extra food and water on hand. I think I got him into prepping years ago.
We used to work together in Landing Gear/Hydraulics and Flight Controls when 9/11 occurred. I had a healthy distrust for anyone from the Middle East at the time - but we kept our relationship in spite of that. I have changed my outlook quite a bit to one that realizes that the entire event in 2001 was a hoax/false flag and that we are simply building empire in the Middle East and that we are the sinful aggressor that needs to repent - or face epic judgment.
Funny how time will give one a completely different perspective. Do I like the radical mudslimes that go around blowing up women and children on buses and in public markets and lobbing heads off of a hand-cuffed, undefended man or woman? Nope. I can respect a good man who lives and loves his religion - regardless of whether I disagree with some basic tenets, or not.
Here is something he sent me from his tradition:
When the Day of Judgement, or Youm-al Qiyamah, approaches, the world will come to an end and all will be destroyed. Each and every individual will have to account for his/her actions, and their final fate will be decided by Allah.
We have been warned about the approach of Qiyamat in many Quranic verses and Ahadith. There many signs that will tell us that the Day of Judgement is near, and in the recent times these signs have become more evident.
Thus, the Muslim Ummah should be aware of this and each person should prepare himself by being virtuous and abstaining from sin.
The 77 Minor Signs of Qiyamat
1. Time will pass rapidly. [Bukhari, Muslim, & Ahmad]
2. Good deeds will decrease. [Bukhari]
3. People will become miserly. [Bukhari]
4. There will be much killing and murder. [Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Ahmad]
Hazrat Abu Huraira narrates that the Holy Prophet said, "Time will pass rapidly, good deeds will decrease, miserliness will be thrown (in the hearts of the people), afflictions will appear and there will be much 'Al-Harj.'" They said, "O Allah's Messenger! What is 'Al-Harj?' He said, "Killing! Killing!"
[Sahih Bukhari, Hadith no. 183]
5. Power and authority will be given to wrong people. [Bukhari]
6. Honesty will be lost. [Bukhari]
Hazrat Abu Huraira narrates that, while the Holy Prophet was saying something in a gathering, a Bedouin came and asked him, "When will the Hour (Day of Judgement) take place?" Allah's Messenger continued his talk, so some people said that he had heard the question but did not like what the Bedouin had asked. Some of them said that Allah's Messenger had not heard it. When the Holy Prophet finished his speech, he said,"Where is the questioner, who enquired about the Hour (Day of Judgement)?" The Bedouin said, "I am here, O Allah's Messenger ." Then the Holy Prophet said, "When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour." The Bedouin said, "How will that be lost?" The Holy Prophet said, "When the power or authority comes in the hands of unfit persons, then wait for the Hour."
7. The disappearance of knowledge and the appearance of ignorance [Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Ahmad]
Narrated Hazrat Abdullah and Hazrat Abu Musa: The Holy Prophet said, "Near the establishment of the Hour, there will be days during which religious ignorance will spread, knowledge will be taken away (vanish) and there will be much Al-Harj, and Al-Harj means killing."
[Sahih Bukhari, Hadith no. 184]
8. A mountain of gold will be disclosed from beneath the River Euphrates, but we are not to take anything from it.
Narrated Hazrat Abu Huraira: Allah's Messenger said, "Soon the River Euphrates will disclose the treasure (the mountain) of gold, so whoever will be present at that time should not take anything of it."
[Sahih Bukhari, Hadith no. 235]
9. The appearance of 30 false messengers. [Bukhari]
10. Two large groups, adhering to the same religious teaching, will fight each other with large numbers of casualties. [Bukhari & Muslim]
11. Earthquakes will increase [Bukhari & Muslim]
12. Wealth will be in abundance, to the extent that it will be difficult to find someone in need of Zakat. [Bukhari]
13. When people begin to compete with others in the construction of taller buildings. [Bukhari]
14. A man will pass by a grave and wish that he was in their place. [Bukhari]
Narrated Hazrat Abu Huraira: Allah's Messenger said, "The Hour will not be established (1) till two big groups fight each other whereupon there will be a great number of casualties on both sides and they will be following one and the same religious doctrine, (2) till about thirty Dajjals [liars] appear, and each one of them will claim that he is Allah's Messenger, (3) till religious knowledge is taken away [by the death of religious scholars] (4) earthquakes will increase in number (5) time will pass quickly, (6) afflictions will appear, (7) Al-Harj, [i.e., killing] will increase, (8) till wealth will be in abundance - so abundant that a wealthy person will worry lest nobody should accept his Zakat, and whenever he will present it to someone, that person [to whom it will be offered] will say, 'I am not in need of it, (9) till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings, (10) till a man when passing by a grave of someone will say, 'Would that I were in his place (11) and till the sun rises from the West. So when the sun will rise and the people will see it [rising from the West], they will all believe [embrace Islam] but that will be the time when: [As Allah said] 'No good will it do to a soul to believe then, if it believed not before, nor earned good [by deeds of righteousness] through its Faith.' (Holy Qur'an 6:158) And the Hour will be established while two men are spreading a garment in front of them, but they will not be able to sell it, nor fold it up; and the Hour will be established when a man has milked his she-camel and has taken away the milk, but he will not be able to drink it; and the Hour will be established before a man repairing a tank [for his livestock] is able to water [his animals] in it; and the Hour will be established when a person has raised a morsel [of food] to his mouth but will not be able to eat it."
[Sahih Bukhari, Hadith no. 237]
15. The conquest of Constantinople by the Muslims. [Ahmad, Muslim]
Hazrat Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger as saying: "The Last Hour would not come until the Romans would land at al-A'maq or in Dabiq. An army consisting of the best (soldiers) of the people of the earth at that time will come from Madinah (to counteract them). When they will arrange themselves in ranks, the Romans would say: Do not stand between us and those (Muslims) who took prisoners from amongst us. Let us fight with them; and the Muslims would say: Nay, by Allah, we would never get aside from you and from our brethren that you may fight them. They will then fight and a third (part) of the army would run away, whom Allah will never forgive. A third (part of the army). which would be constituted of excellent martyrs in Allah's eye, would be killed and the third, who would never be put to trial, would win and they would be conquerors of Constantinople. And as they would be busy in distributing the spoils of war (amongst themselves), after hanging their swords by the olive trees, the Satan would cry: The Dajjal has taken your place among your family. They would then come out, but it would be of no avail. And when they would come to Syria, he would come out while they would be still preparing themselves for battle drawing up the ranks. Certainly, the time of prayer shall come and then Jesus, son of Mary, would descend and would lead them in prayer. When the enemy of Allah would see him, it would (disappear) just as the salt dissolves itself in water and if he (Jesus) were not to confront them at all, even then it would dissolve completely, but Allah would kill them by his hand and he would show them their blood on his weapon (the weapon of Jesus)."
[Sahih Muslim, Hadith no. 6924]
16. Stones and trees will help the Muslims fight against the Jews.
17. The consumption of intoxicants will be widespread. [Bukhari & Muslim]
18. Adultery and fornication will be prevalent. [Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah]
19. Women will outnumber men, eventually the ratio will be 50 women to 1 man. [Bukhari, Muslim, & Ahmad]
Narrated Hazrat Anas bin Malik: I heard from Allah's Messenger a narration which none other than I will narrate to you. The Prophet said, "From among the portents of the Hour are the following: General ignorance (in religious affairs) will prevail, (religious) knowledge will decrease, illegal sexual intercourse will prevail, alcoholic drinks will be drunk (in abundance), men will decrease and women will increase, so much so that, for every fifty women there will be one man to look after them."
[Sahih Bukhari, Hadith no. 483]
20. People will strive for power about mosques.
Narrated by Hazrat Anas bin Malik: The Holy Prophet said, "The Last Hour will not come until people vie with one another about mosques."
[Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 2, Hadith no. 449]
21. Adultery and fornication will be prevalent. [Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah]
22. People will cheat with goods. [Ibn Majah]
23. Paying Zakat becomes a burden and miserliness becomes widespread; charity is given reluctantly. [Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah]
24. Leaders will not rule according to the Commands of Allah.
Hazrat Abdullah ibn Umar said, "The Prophet came to us and said, 'O Muhajirun, (emigrants from Makkah to Madinah), you may be afflicted by five things; God forbid that you should live to see them. If fornication should become widespread, you should realise that this has never happened without new diseases befalling the people, which their forebears never suffered. If people should begin to cheat in weighing out goods, you should realise that this has never happened without drought and famine befalling the people, and their rulers oppressing them. If people should withhold zakat, you should realise that this has never happened without the rain being stopped from falling; and were it not for the animals' sake, it would never rain again. If people should break their covenant with Allah and His Messenger, you should realise that this has never happened without Allah sending an enemy against them to take some of their possessions by force. If the leaders do not govern according to the Book of Allah, you should realise that this has never happened without Allah making them into groups and making them fight one another."
25. Only the rich receive a share of any gains, and the poor do not. [Tirmidhi]
26. The leader of a people will be the worst of them. [Tirmidhi]
27. A trust is used to make a profit. [Tirmidhi]
28. When a man obeys his wife and disobeys his mother; and treats his friend kindly while shunning his father. [Tirmidhi]
29. When voices are raised in the mosques. [Tirmidhi]
30. People will treat a man with respect out of fear for some evil he might do. [Tirmidhi]
31. Men will begin to wear silk. [Tirmidhi]
32. Female singers and musical instruments will become popular. [Tirmidhi]
33. When the last ones of the Ummah begin to curse the first ones. [Tirmidhi]
Hazrat Ali ibn Abi Talib said, "The Prophet said: 'If my Ummah bears fifteen traits, tribulation will befall it.' Someone asked, 'What are they, O Messenger of Allah?' He said, 'When any gain is shared out only among the rich, with no benefit to the poor; when a trust becomes a means of making a profit; when paying Zakat becomes a burden; when a man obeys his wife and disobeys his mother; and treats his friend kindly whilst shunning his father; when voices are raised in the mosques; when the leader of a people is the worst of them; when people treat a man with respect because they fear some evil he may do; when much wine is drunk; when men wear silk; when female singers and musical instruments become popular; when the last ones of this Ummah curse the first ones - then let them expect a red wind, or the earth to swallow them, or to be transformed into animals.' "
34. The nations of the Earth will gather against the Muslims like hungry people going to sit at a table full of food. This will occur when the Muslims are large in number, but "like the foam of the sea".
Hazrat Thauban reported that the Messenger of Allah said, "It is near that the nations will call one another against you, just as the eaters call one another to their dishes." Somebody asked, "Is this because we will be few in numbers that day?" He said, "Nay, that day you shall be numerous, but you will be like the foam of the sea, and Allah will take the fear of you away from your enemies and will place weakness into your hearts." Somebody asked, "What is this weakness?" He said, "The love of the world and the dislike of death."
[Sunan Abu Dawud]
35. The Muslim conquest of Jerusalem. [Bukhari]
36. A great plague will spread over the land - may be in reference to the plague of Amwas during the Caliphate of Hazrat Umar ibn al-Khattab. [Bukhari]
37. Wealth will increase so much so that if a man were given 10,000, he would not be content with it. [Ahmad & Bukhari]
38. A trial will arise in Arabia which will not spare a single household. [Ahmad & Bukhari]
39. A treaty will be made between the Muslims and the Westerners - which they will breach with an army of 12,000 soldiers under 80 banners. [Bukhari]
Hazrat Auf bin Malik reported: "I came to the Holy Prophet during the battle of Tabuk while he was in a leather tent, and he said: 'Count six things before the last hour: my death, then the conquest of Jerusalem, then the contagious disease that will overtake you like the disease of cattle, then the excess of wealth, so much that when a man shall be given a hundred dinars he shall remain dissatisfied, then trial from which not a single house in Arabia shall be spared, then a treaty between you and the Westerners (Banu Asfar - the Romans), but they shall cheat you and march against you under 80 banners with 12,000 soldiers under each banner."
40. Books/writing will be widespread and (religious) knowledge will be low. [Ahmad]
41. People will beat others with whips like the tails of oxen - this may be in reference to the slave trade. [Muslim]
42. Children will be filled with rage. [at-Tabarani, al-Hakim]
43. Children will be foul. [at-Tabarani, al-Hakim]
44. Women will conspire. [at-Tabarani, al-Hakim[
45. Rain will be acidic or burning - reference to acid rain. [at-Tabarani, al-Hakim]
46. Children of fornication will become widespread or prevalent. [at-Tabarani, al-Hakim]
47. When a trust becomes a means of making a profit. [Tirmidhi, Al-Haythami]
48. Episodes of sudden death will become widespread. [Ahmad]
49. There will be people who will be brethren in public, but enemies in secret. (When asked how that would come about, he replied, "Because they will have ulterior motives in their mutual dealings, and at the same time they will fear one another.") [Tirmidhi]
50. People will walk in the marketplace with their thighs exposed.
51. Great distances will be traversed in short spans of time - reference to vehicles, aeroplanes.
52. The people of Iraq will recieve no food and no money due to oppression by the Romans (Europeans). [Muslim]
53. People will hop between the clouds and the earth.
54. When singers become common. [Al-Haythami]
55. People will dance late into the night.
56. People will claim to follow the Qur'an but will reject Hadith & Sunnah. [Abu Dawood]
57. People will believe in the stars. [Al-Haythami]
58. People will reject al-Qadr (the Divine Decree of Destiny). [Al-Haythami]
59. Smog will appear over cities because of the evil that they are doing.
60. People will be carrying on with their trade, but there will only be a few trustworthy persons.
61. There will be attempts to make the deserts green.
62. Women will be naked in spite of being dressed, these women will be led astray & will lead others astray. [Muslim]
63. The conquest of India by the Muslims, just prior to the return of Prophet Jesus, son of Mary. [Ahmad, an-Nisa'i, Tabarani, al-Hakim]
64. There will be a special greeting for the people of distinction. [Ahmad]
65. Wild animals will be able to talk to humans. [Ahmad]
66. A man will leave his home and his thigh or hip will tell him what is happening back at his home. [Ahmad]
67. Years of deceit in which the truthful person will not be believed and the liar will be believed. [Ahmad]
68. Bearing false witness will become widespread. [Al-Haythami & Ahmad]
69. When men lie with men, and women lie with women. [Al-Haythami]
70. Trade will become so widespread that a woman will be forced to help her husband in business. [Ahmad]
71. A woman will enter the workforce out of love for this world. [Ahmad]
72. Arrogance will increase in the earth. [Tabarani, al-Hakim]
73. Family ties will be cut. [Ahmad]
74. There will be many women of child-bearing age who will no longer give birth.
75. There will be an abundance of food, much of which has no blessing in it.
76. People will refuse when offered food.
77. Men will begin to look like women and women will begin to look like men.