THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

THE MAKING OF DIAMOND - SEAS OF GLASS AND EVERLASTING BURNINGS

I just got co-located with some new engineering talent.  One of my new cube mates is really into astronomy.  He is a bit of an agnostic - but he is pleasant, funny and will at least listen patiently to others' points of view without being condescending.  I can work with that.

He is a bit of an astronomy geek and we were talking about my alternate theory on how diamond is made, based on an old Wood Zone standby wherein I postulate exactly what it means when scripture talks of God(s) dwelling on "seas of glass" in "everlasting burnings".

Here is the article I am referring to:

http://www.spacetoday.org/DeepSpace/Stars/WhiteDwarfs/LucyDiamondStarWhiteDwarf.html

I thought it might be fun for those who have not been on the blog since I first put out the article in 2009

3 comments:

  1. Has anyone experienced Mandela effect? Check Isaish 11:6. Has it always been "wolf" or "lion"? Is it just me being confused?

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8euu4fgmmK0&feature=share

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your confusion is understandable. Many people (for quite some time) have asked the question; where is the scripture that talks about the lamb and the lion lying down together? Isaiah 11:6 actually says "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb". This scripture also mentions a leopard, kid, calf, young lion, "and a little child shall lead them." For whatever reason our Judeo/Christian culture has focused on the lamb and the lion. Maybe it is more dramatic. For a long time artists and poets have focused on the idea of a lamb and lion. There may also be a symbolic basis to the paintings of a lamb and a lion. Christ is represented by both a lamb and a lion. Suffice it to say that the scripture has always said "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb", but even I have always associated this scripture with a lamb and lion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the Mandela Effect...my mind is blown. Things are so strange. The bible definitely didn't used to say those things. And the pop culture stuff definitely has changed also. Was "stuff" even a term for items back in biblical times. wow. Iraq Id be interested in your take on this.

    ReplyDelete