THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Saturday, November 2, 2013

ITS SLEDGEHAMMER TIME.....

I am so excited.  I have been praying over one of my preps that I consider of tantamount importance; a bike.  Many people will be on foot when the predicted collapse and EQ occur.  Fuel will be a precious commodity and it will most likely be either hoofing it, or pedal power for most, if not all.  I have wanted simple, but reliable transportation in the form of a bike for the adults in our family.  Well, in the last four weeks, two "old-style" bikes have fallen into my hands for nearly nothing.  Both sledgehammers were virtually never ridden and the most maintenance they need are a good wiping down from the dust from being in storage.  I feel very blessed.  It is a simple thing - but something I consider to be uber-important.  I was able to find some collapsing rear metal baskets for the integrated bike rack of the beach cruiser shown below.  They each will fit a parcel the size of a brown paper shopping bag.  When you watch representations of the old WWII movies, the Dutch used these exclusively to get around, while the military commanders all drove the Mercedes, etc.  Fuel was at a premium - and it will be again.  If you live in a rural or semi-rural area (one of the few types of areas where civil chaos will not overtake all citizens - who will be forced to flee from city to city), then you will need to cover large distances to sell/barter/trade eggs and other commodities with neighbors who have other specialties.  You might picture yourself doing this in a camp of Zion.....  This kind of transport will be at a premium.  It is good to keep tire/tube sizes the same so parts are mostly interchangeable.  One are you do not want to scrimp on is the quality of the tubes.  Spend the extra money and get the "lifetime" puncture proof tubes that will serve you for years.  Money spent on a tube repair kit will never go to waste


1 comment:

  1. I realize the what I am about to write doesn't go along with your awesome new bikes, but I think it is a subject that needs to be explored or written about.... I didn't know how to contact you otherwise.

    So Elder Robert D. Hales gave the first talk in the Saturday morning session of General Conference after Pres. Monson's opening remarks. He talk about the persecution of the early Saints, what the pioneers went through, and then he said something I won't soon forget. I don't think many people "got" it. He talked about how the Saints would be persecuted in the future.

    It is already happening. Christians have been labeled as extremists. The military is being trained to think of and treat Christians as extremists.

    Today a good friend of mine got up to bear her testimony. I think she blew a lot of people away. So many people in my neighborhood / ward choose not to keep on the news and were quite shocked by what she had to say because it definitely had political undertones. My husband and I just looked at each other and nodded. We were saddened by this news but not shocked. So, my friend has a daughter who is a freshman at BYU-Hawaii. She called home in complete tears because the ecclesiastical leaders have been instructed to let the students know they may not be able to get married in the temple as they had originally planned. Why? Because the state of Hawaii is considering legislation that only gives those legal authority to marry who are willing to marry all couples, be it heterosexual, homosexual or whatever. The Church doesn't know what kind of wait period there would be between this joke of a marriage and when a sealing can actually take place. The bill passed the Hawaiian Senate and will encounter a little more resistance in the House, but it is fully expected to be signed into law ASAP. Guess who is endorsing this legislation? Yup, you got it, he was once a resident of Hawaii. And he is endorsing such legislation in several other states. Here is a link to an article on the subject: http://www.advocate.com/politics/marriage-equality/2013/10/30/breaking-hawaii-senate-oks-marriage-equality-house

    How soon is it going to be before marriages performed by God-fearing LDS temple sealers, rabbis and other clergy are not recognized?????????

    ReplyDelete