THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, November 24, 2013

MOTHERS WILL RAISE CHILDREN THEY HAVE LOST, IN THE MILLENNIUM

This will provide comfort for many who have lost a child:

In the Millennium, will righteous mothers be able to rear children who died before maturity?

ANSWER
We find the following recorded in the History of the Church: "Sister M. Isabella Horne said: `In conversation with the Prophet Joseph Smith once in Nauvoo, the subject of children in the resurrection was broached. I believe it was in sister Leonora Cannon Taylor's house. She had just lost one of her children, and I had also lost one previously. The Prophet wanted to comfort us, and he told us that we should receive those children in the morning of the resurrection just as we laid them down, in purity and innocence, and we should nourish and care for them as their mothers. He said that children would be raised in the resurrection just as they were laid down, and that they would obtain all the intelligence necessary to occupy thrones, principalities and powers. The idea that I got from what he said was that the children would grow and develop in the Millennium, and that the mothers would have the pleasure of training and caring for them, which they had been deprived of in this life'" (History of the Church, 4:556 n).

3 comments:

  1. I love that, having lost a child, but that concept is really hard for me to grasp. I know that my child is not a child in paradise right now. He has a grown spirit and he came to this earth to receive a body, which he did. It just seems like a reversal of progression for him to come back to the earth to be a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew about that, but, I wonder where a miscarriage comes in, or does it factor into the equation at all???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how God can restore to the mother ( and parents) a child who died or was miscarried, but how does the atonement restore lost time from a parent whose child was kidnapped and they were not allowed to be the ones to have those precious memories with that child, as it continued to be raised by someone other than the parents? How does the atonement ever make right that scenario...ever? You cannot reverse the clock....

    ReplyDelete