THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

A DIFFICULT TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY

Well, this blog is as much a journal of "the journey" as it is a freak show of all the wild stuff I come across that is unbelievable sometimes even to me.

Today marks the day we get under contract on our Montana dream that has been over 10 years in coming. A place where we would be out from under the shackles of desperados in the banking industry, the food industry, corporate America (I can finally tell folks that are out of line to take their tripe and shove it....) and most other constructs of modern society that have slowly sapped all that used to allow us to call ourselves free in this once-great nation. It is a day of jubilation for me - and hopefully will lead to the physical safety and salvation of my family and others who see the wisdom of our crazy journey. Hopefully, not too far in hindsight.....

Today also marks the tenth anniversary of the death of our son who, I feel, has held some kind of a brooding hand over our lives - a sort of ministering angel. I have nothing solid to back that up other than the dream I had the night he died with the fulfillment of the three remarkable parts of it which included him coming back from the other side to let us know that all was well and that he was engaged in directing family matters on the other side. The other indication we have of the "tragedy" of his death was my father's dream two weeks before he died where the old family patriarch, through our Matheson line - and the former Patriarch of the Cedar City, UT Stake said he needed more help and that Dallin would be tapped for the mission. I thought it would be me - for years had known my time would be up sooner than the age of a tree - but my wife was able to alter that course of action through her agency and by being close enough to the Spirit to have a premonition that something was about to happen - and then choose that it not be me.

So, this whole thing was set in motion that fateful day a few short years ago. It started with our Dallin's birth and the distinct impression I felt when we brought him home that "he is the best thing to cross our threshhold". God sends the good ones down - and sometimes allows them to return early to accomplish an even greater work on the other side. I am grateful for the remarkable experience of growth that the entire episode provided. I would not trade it back - but it does make me wonder what it would be like with one more rambunctious boy tearing around the house and wrestling with his older brother and then enjoying the woods and experiences of growing up in Montana together.

Truly, life is an adventure. Enjoy each day and treasure what you have - for things can change in an instant. Not necessarily for the worse - but for the different. God is in charge - seek to know what He has in store for you and then follow those quiet whisperings to your potential.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for the loss you & your family experienced with your son Dallin. You have always been such a spirituall rock Eric & there is no doubt about his spirit protecting & guiding your wife through her struggles and your family.

    ReplyDelete